Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] pendrive to pendrive transfer of data without using any third medium

Status
Not open for further replies.

neha14

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
iam working on this project..... and now iam so much confused need some more ideas to handle this project please help me out:sad:

Re: pendrive to pendrive transfer of data without using any third medium

YOu need to connect both media to one common interface for communication either bluetooth or any other which negotiates the data transfer between two

YOu need to connect both media to one common interface for communication either bluetooth or any other which negotiates the data transfer between two

thanks for your information
but i dont know from where to start this project

first decide on the interface... you need to build that

I have decided to develop it on avr micro-controllers

Dear neha14
Avr is the platform on which you will be doing programming of the communication device/controller .

you have to read data from first usb into avr using any USB port available on it. then buffer that and transmit data to other usb device using same(if possible) or other type of port available.

You're probably better of asking this in the microcontroller section...

Vinculum VNC1L with the VDFC frimware **broken link removed** can handle to USB flash drives (not usb floppy or usb harddisk... only pendrives) with the VNC1L you will need an extra microcontroller (i.e. AVR) to manage the communication... or just use the VF2F2 as it was made for instant backup from one pendrive to the other...

if you don't want to use 2 microcontrollers (VNC1L + AVR) you will need a high end microcontroller like an ARM or an AVR32 with USB host ( i think it could be possible AT LEAST with an AT90USB1287 but will be a PAIN! (as you will need to manage a usb HUB, two BOM devices... just pain!)

Vinculum VNC1L with the VDFC frimware **broken link removed** can handle to USB flash drives (not usb floppy or usb harddisk... only pendrives) with the VNC1L you will need an extra microcontroller (i.e. AVR) to manage the communication... or just use the VF2F2 as it was made for instant backup from one pendrive to the other...

if you don't want to use 2 microcontrollers (VNC1L + AVR) you will need a high end microcontroller like an ARM or an AVR32 with USB host ( i think it could be possible AT LEAST with an AT90USB1287 but will be a PAIN! (as you will need to manage a usb HUB, two BOM devices... just pain!)
thanks
i really found it useful for my project but i have little information about VNC1L and VF2F2.. do they need some kind of coding ..??? i so then how to code them.. if its possible please provide me the information regarding VNC1L and VF2F2

- - - Updated - - -

thanks
i really found it useful for my project but i have little information about VNC1L and VF2F2.. do they need some kind of coding ..??? i so then how to code them.. if its possible please provide me the information regarding VNC1L and VF2F2

well, the VNC1L is a USB microcontroller interface, you can change it's default functionality by updating it's firmware. There are a few firmwares, but most of them ONLY allows one USB port with BOM capabilities (you can connect only 1 usb pendrive to the VNC1L)
the VDFC firmware allows to connect up to 2 BOM devices (you can connect 2 pen drives to the VNC1L)
the vnc1l firmware make a USB Device (like a pendrive, or others, like a mouse, keyboard,etc) to interact with another microcontroller (like an AVR) only with SPI or USART communication (and not bother with complex USB management)

via the USART communication, you can command the VNC1L to open a directory, open file, read it's content, or even write data to a file, close a file, and so.
(also you can check file sizes, read directories, and many other commands that you can read in the vnc1l firmware manual...)

the VDFC firmware allows to do the same file commands in any of the two pendrives, and adds a new command to "copy file from A to B", or even "copy all from A to a new directory in B" like a backup (read the manual as there are a few limitations)

the VF2F2 executes this last command with a single push button!!! what a neat module!

if you need further control of what to copy or not, you will need an extra microcontroller (and i suggest the VDIP2 which have the vinculum and two uSB ports, you will need to download the VDFC firmware into it, and communicate with an AVR)

just for your information, there is a new generation of vinculum microcontroller, the VNC2, which claims that YOU can program into it (not only default functionalities but program it with your code (must download the compiler for the VNC2)!!!) it could be another option, but i don't have one of it so i can't be of much help in this VNC2.

sir,could you explain me why what is the exact use of avr controller here??

Status
Not open for further replies.