Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad pspice slps matlab/simulink

Status
Not open for further replies.

valeriogiampa

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everybody,
I have tested the same sample circuit (RC example circuit) with two different windows PC. The First Windows PC is based on Cadence Orcad PSpice 16.3 and Mathworks R2011a; The second Windows PC is based in Cadence PSpice 16.5 and Mathworks R2011a.
The Two PC have the same Settings (Windows SP3, and so on).
In the Windows pc with PSpice 16.3 + Matlab R2011a, I can simulate the RC Circuit without any problems.
In the Windows pc with PSpice 16.5 + Matlab R2011a, I can't simulate. In this condition I can see: a) PSpice simulation go without problem; b) Simulink can't complete the simulation becouse there is an error. In the matlab prompt, I can see this error message: Simulation can not be completed. -> Try changing Convergence parameters. In the Simulation Diagnostic Windows, I can see this error Message: Error reported by S-function 'slpsblk' in 'RCMDL_SLPS/SLPS/S': *** Initialization Error in SLPS ***.
Can sameone help me?

Hi Everybody,
I have tested the same sample circuit (RC example circuit) with two different windows PC. The First Windows PC is based on Cadence Orcad PSpice 16.3 and Mathworks R2011a; The second Windows PC is based in Cadence PSpice 16.5 and Mathworks R2011a.
The Two PC have the same Settings (Windows SP3, and so on).
In the Windows pc with PSpice 16.3 + Matlab R2011a, I can simulate the RC Circuit without any problems.
In the Windows pc with PSpice 16.5 + Matlab R2011a, I can't simulate. In this condition I can see: a) PSpice simulation go without problem; b) Simulink can't complete the simulation becouse there is an error. In the matlab prompt, I can see this error message: Simulation can not be completed. -> Try changing Convergence parameters. In the Simulation Diagnostic Windows, I can see this error Message: Error reported by S-function 'slpsblk' in 'RCMDL_SLPS/SLPS/S': *** Initialization Error in SLPS ***.
Can sameone help me?

I also meet the same problem. I used Cadence OrCad Capture 16.5 and Matlab 2012a ( or Matlab 2007B) on win7. Can anybody help me

I also meet the same problem. I used Cadence OrCad Capture 16.5 and Matlab 2012a ( or Matlab 2007B) on win7. Can anybody help me

I came across the same problem. I changed the option parameters in the SLPS settings so that the autoconverge uses SLPS mode.
(I am using OrCAD 16.5 and MATLAB R2011a student version)

hell guys

I just want to ask you
is Orcad are industry dependent ???

I don't fully understand your question. Are you asking if it's used in industry?

yes that what i mean. or even for example cam you publish a paper in IEEE based on a work by OrCad ?

I don't fully understand your question. Are you asking if it's used in industry?

yes that what i mean. or even for example cam you publish a paper in IEEE based on a work by OrCad ?

I am still a student (PhD) so I don't know the extent of it's use in industry but I'm sure it is used. As for publishing work I have had a conference paper with OrCAD PSpice work described published for the IEEE PVSC. I also hope to have a journal paper based on my work published in the future.

it is good to hear that. because I can not afford Mentor Graphic or Cadence Vertuso as it very very expensive OrCad is not.

but could you please tell me if it is possible to work with any foundry model in OrCad, like Global Boundary, MOSIS,TSMC ....etc

I am still a student (PhD) so I don't know the extent of it's use in industry but I'm sure it is used. As for publishing work I have had a conference paper with OrCAD PSpice work described published for the IEEE PVSC. I also hope to have a journal paper based on my work published in the future.

I am sorry but I don't know anything about this. I mainly use OrCAD for simulation and analysis of photovoltaic systems.

Dear Friends, SLPS work greatly with OrCad Capture 16.6 and Matlab 2012a with same procedure, Enjoy:p:lol::razz:

Attachments

• Ashish.jpg
    Ashish.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 210
There was a problem with some versions of SLPS with OrCad 16.5
A workaround exists for that:
set environment variable PSPICEINIPATH=<path to PSpice ini file>
e.g. set PSPICEINITPATH=c:\cadence\spb16.5\tools\pspice\pspice.ini

Now launch Matlab. SLPS should work.

Hi everyone,

I'm trying tu use slps but I'm getting the error:
Code:
Error in S-function 't1/SLPS/S': S-Function 'slpsblk' does not exist

I get the same error in 2 different configurations.
W7 64, cadence 16.5, matlab 2013a (64)
VMware W7 64, cadence 16.6, matlab 2010b (64)

I've tried the differents solutions for other problems involving slps but, there has been no way.
I've tried to recompile slpblk.mex32 but it has been imposible.

I have 2 files with that name at c:\Cadence\SPB16.x\tools\pspice\slps
slpsblk.dll & slpsblk.mexw32

Please, I'm stuck, I don't know what els to trie.

Last edited:

Matlab 64-bit will not work - use Matlab 32-bit.

Hi again,

Ok, I have install r2010b 32bits I have make some progress but still not working.

First, now when I click start on simulink I get this dialog box for choosing something:

what is the difference between legacy and no legacy option?

Doesn't matter which option I choose I get the next error message:
Code:
Error reported by S-function 'slpsblk' in 'test1r2010bw32/SLPS/S':

*** Initialization Error in SLPS ***

following other forums, as you can see in the images I've configured:
PSPICEINITPATH=c:\cadence\spb16.5\tools\pspice\pspice.ini

but no way,

EDIT:
I forget to paste what shows Command Window for different actions:

When opening SLPS Setting block:
Code:
Warning: The P-code file slpssettings.p was generated prior to
MATLAB version 7.5 (R2007b) and will not be supported in a
future release.  Use pcode to regenerate slpssettings.p using
MATLAB R2007b or later.

And when simulation starts and fails:
Code:
Warning: The P-code file Current_change_SLPS.p was generated
prior to MATLAB version 7.5 (R2007b) and will not be supported
in a future release.  Use pcode to regenerate
Current_change_SLPS.p using MATLAB R2007b or later. 
Warning: Calling MEX-file
'C:\Cadence\SPB_16.5\tools\pspice\slps\slpsblk.dll'.
MEX-files with .dll extensions will not execute in a future
version of MATLAB. 
Warning: The P-code file SLPS_status_window.p was generated
SLPS_status_window.p using MATLAB R2007b or later. 
Simulation can not be completed.
	-> Try changing Convergence parameters.

Warning: The P-code file Current_return_SLPS.p was generated
Current_return_SLPS.p using MATLAB R2007b or later.

Thanks,
Guillermo

Last edited:

There was a typo in my append regarding the environment variable name.
Pls correct the variable name to PSPICEINIPATH instead of PSPICEINITPATH
It should work now.

There was a typo in my append regarding the environment variable name.
Pls correct the variable name to PSPICEINIPATH instead of PSPICEINITPATH
It should work now.

Thanks, now this error has disappear but there is a new one.

Code:
For S-function 'slpsblk', the number of defined parameters, 0, does not match the number of parameters on the dialog of 'test1r2010bw32/SLPS/S', 11. These two values must be identical.

In the image you can see the default configurations.
do I have to modify the "Function Block Parameters:S"?

I have download 4 different slps tutorials/guides and no one explains all this problems!!!

Thanks again,
Guillermo

HI again,

I continue stuck , but, I have run the demos, they work!!!, then I compared all the dialogs (maybe I missed one, but I don't know which one) and copy the parametres and configurations from one to another.
I did it runing the sim every change to control changes, but no way.
same error,
Code:
For S-function 'slpsblk', the number of defined parameters, 0, does not match the number of parameters on the dialog of 'test1r2010bw32/SLPS/S', 11. These two values must be identical.

these 11 parameteres I see at the slpsblk where else I have to configure them?
because this is the stange thing, I haven't found a dialog in all simulink windows dialogs where they appear.

please some help
thanks,
Guillermo

Hi Guillermo
Could you share your design database? I can not think of any reason for this error from your post.

Hi abhajn,
what do you mean with my design database, the full project folder?

thanks,
Guillermo.

Yes .. you could do that. I basically need the matlab design with the mdl file so that I can open the design in Matlab and see the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back