Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2x18w Audio Amp and Valve preamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebadtall

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, today I recieved a kit (tda2030) from ebay, woke up in the afternoon ^^ and soldered it.
My intention is to use it as final amp, preamped by an older project of tube preamp..

The results of the preamp was very good. The results of the preamp driven to the tda2030 amp, was better than expected ! (for a $7 amp and $5 preamp !!!)

The power supply is just Lipo 11.1v Battery. No noise, no hiss.. just pure 512k mp3 !

1. The kit

1.jpg

2. Populating the pcb

2.jpg

3. Almost done

3.jpg

4. The heatsinks used to be 1 big heatsink (for pc-psu), but was cut to 5 pieces

4.jpg

5. The left and right channel tube preamp circuits. As you notice there is no pcb.
Since I hadnt the time to make a pcb, i just put p2p the matterials in a protoboard!
Valves are 12au7

5.jpg

6. The lipo batteries! Even small they can run for hours. Used also in my R/C projects!!
6.jpg

Last edited:

Good job.

Listeners often say the audio quality sounds better when tubes (valves) are used in an amplifier.

Your post is dated May 2012 but it appeared in the recent posts.

you have a huge ram in your brain!
that is a charisma wich very smart people have!

many prefer the tube because of its special sound , wich apart from warmth has more charasteristics wich i cannot describe in words, maybe i will paint it!

but we all miss the point nowdayas because all sound sources are digital

Check here: **broken link removed**, this is a class D 30W BTL amplifier with FET preamp and speaker emulator for portable multifunction guitar Pre-Amp.
Bye :)

thank you for providing that information, but it is a completely different amp with different targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back