Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the advantage of 1N4001 over 1N4007

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahsan_i_h

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone,
What is the advantage of 1N4001 over 1N4007. I did not find any advantage comparing the datasheet. In local market price are equal. Then why 1N4001 is still get produced?

There may be difference in the forward recovery behavior and reverse recovery behavior (that is mostly not specified). Reason can be the difference in thickness and doping profile of high voltage diodes with respect to low voltage diodes.

You may like: **broken link removed**

The difference is in the price, I know they are the same price in small quantities but in large quantities the IN4001 is cheaper. Another difference maybe in the junction capacitance because of the thickness and doping profile. However this should not make any difference in the type of application this diode is intended for.

No 1N4001 have lower voltage against 1N4007, and primary production is given to 1N4007. ;-)

1N4001 50V 1A
1N4007 1000V 1A

RMS Reverse voltage is different.

**broken link removed**

1N4001 is obsolete in many shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.