Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help to understand this graph of 2N4124 transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

moha raga

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello every body,
i need your help to understand this graphs in 2N4124 transistor datasheet
**broken link removed**
when the 2N4124 is in the saturation mode, a VCE(SAT) of 0.1V implies an IC of about 60mA
but in the on characteristics, at Ic = 50 mA then Vce = 3v , how????
**broken link removed**

Attachments

• hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.bmp
    498.3 KB · Views: 123
  • jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj.bmp
    382.2 KB · Views: 112

0.1v is typical value and 0.3v is maximum value. transistor's data are given in three ranges, these are minimum,typical and maximum.

thank you ahsan_eda for your answer,
but in the ON characteristic, for Vce sat at Ic = 50mA & IB=5 mA we find beta = 10 (as in the graph) so at 25ºc and at Ic = 50mA we will find (according to the graph) that Vce sat = 0.05v
**broken link removed**
so i need to know the relation between the graph and the ON characteristic

thank you ahsan_eda for your answer,
but in the ON characteristic, for Vce sat at Ic = 50mA & IB=5 mA we find beta = 10 (as in the graph) so at 25ºc and at Ic = 50mA we will find (according to the graph) that Vce sat = 0.05v
**broken link removed**
so i need to know the relation between the graph and the ON characteristic

you made a mistake. left side of the graph is not in log scale. You can see the real 0.05 is far below your 0.05 mark.

ok,
i need to know the relation between the graph and the ON characteristic
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

ok,
i need to know the relation between the graph and the ON characteristic
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

When transistors are made, some samples are taken for testing. During Vce(sat) test every samples are tested with Ic=50mA. Typical result found Vce(sat)=0.0875v. Some found Vce(sat)=0.3v. Some found Vce(sat)=less than 0.0875v. No sample found whose Vce(sat) is greater than 0.3v. So in the on characteristics Vce(sat)=0.3v is registered as maximum. The graph is made for the typical transistor. For design consideration you should take Vce(sat)=0.3v, because when you buy transistor you may not get a typical transistor, instead you may get a worse transistor (Vce(sat)=0.3v). The Graph is used to understand how collector current and temperature affects Vce(sat). For example, we see in the graph that when Ic goes down from 60mA to 10mA, Vce(sat) goes down to half (from 0.1v to 0.05v). So for the worse transistor (Vce(sat)=0.3v) when Ic will go down from 60mA to 10mA then we can predict that Vce(sat) will also go down from 0.3v to 0.15v.

thank you ahsan_eda for your answer, it is very useful and helpful.
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.