Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help to drop voltage !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any solution available ? for example faraday cage ? can we keep our circuits in a cage to survive them from melting and some thing interesting like this ??!! :-D
Thank you

ha ha ha weve got same wonders...
in Theory, there are many ways to avoid that melt. The farad's cage may not work - even passive the emp travels at 90% of lightspeed, for many reasons it can penetrate the protective field of that cage.
(emp) has a peak P for 1-5nS and a total duration of 200nS wich between first 5nS to 50nS its at 50% of P max. If you can make a mechanism survive Actively and Not PAssive for that time you'll got the answer.
However , I said that this is possible only in theory, 'cuz its a bit difficult for someone to lend you a nuke to make the test :)

How about a room that built with steel ( completely steel ). i think thus there would be a short circuit for EMP , isn't it ?
And what do you mean by active ways ? is your mean that we transmit a powerful filed ? :idea:

---------- Post added at 04:54 ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 ----------

By the way , how we can make an EMP ? is there any simple way to test ?

even if you make a room cube of 100cm thick lead-tungsten grounded to 100meters with 30cm thick copper cable the pulse would penetrate.
By its nature emp its so powerful plus the colisions that makes in the air will destroy the circuits once again.
If you could pause the time , and analyse pulse in the space, you would see a mess. Emp is not FM waves , its like invisible thunders with random patterns,
so by transmitting the negative force would not do. How could you find the correct pattern for 200nS ?

are you afraid for nuke war ?

are you afraid for nuke war ?
Of course no , because nuclear war can't happen again . and i don't think that things such as this , has any benefit at this century . it just seems interesting to know about it . isn't any simple way to create a simple EMP , available ?
Thank you for your patience .

there are ways to reproduce an EMP (in theory) , but you will need lots of Capacitors for a good discharge !
I was up to this project for 2-3 months , 10 years ago or more
The idea I think, was to make something like the inverter 12 to 220 v ! (it was more complicated however)
Using a couple of Super high Power russian low frequency transmitter Valves, some caps of 1F
very thick copper point to point connections, some real big coils..

Apparently it is impossible , isn't it ? could you complete your project ( defense against EMP ) ?
Why an inverter ?

i've finally managed to drop voltage and totally remove HUM!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was simple, LM317 !!

Hi my friends,

Before and after humans starts with some stupidity and stupidity will be on end, if there is no some external interference.

From human/civilian aspect of view dont worry for electronics and radio equipments after pressed red buttons all is irrelevant.

From military aspects there is solutions for protection from EMP and this is in serial production already. Passive pretection system includes special clothing material which is fixed on tanks, armored venhicle and other devices. This material absorb EMP energy.

I think badest thing what can someone do to make pain to humans is to shutdown Internet, Facebook, GSM, GPS, electrical plants, water production facilities. :smile:

Do you preparing for doomsday or this year Mayan prophecy ? On what deep you dig shelter ? Did you buy enough can of Tuna for at least two years ? :grin:

Last edited:
ha ha , all those together may magically happen some day, if electrons decide to change direction !

if tesla ( and the world ) was not a hostage of capitalization (and more) the technology and life level could be un-imaginable.....
goodnight! dear friend. im getting to work in couple of hours (hostage of cap. as well^^ )

Status
Not open for further replies.