Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

calculation of VCO output power in cadence spectre

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddis

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

i have to calculate the output power of VCO in cadence spectre. i am using pss & pnoise analysis. Actually the Collpitts I/Q VCO (4.8Ghz) is designed by another person.
I just know its specs. Its o/p swing is +0.75V to -0.75V. After doing the analysis i go to Results>Direct Plot>Main Form
it asks for the resistance value

Now i have a doubt here. The VCOs o/p is going to frequency divider so the output will see a capacitive load with a small resistance. So what value of resistance to use while calculating the output power.

I have attached the screenshot

I've got the same question but I'm designing a ring VCO so I have no resistance at the output except for small signal (ro)

I've also got this problem during design a cross-coupled VCO, if u know how to do it, plz tell me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back