Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make your own ultraviolet ink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

traxonja

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

not really sure if this is the right forum but... 8)

I need ultraviolet ink (uv ink, blacklight ink, invisible ink ... bla bla). What is the chemical formula of this stuff? Is there any way to home-make/lab-make-produce it?

Best regards,
Trax

homemade black light ink

I know one chemical complex that works almost like this. It works only when it is wet (but water steam in air is usually adequate) and in normal light it looks like yellow, with little "blink" or "reflex". In ultraviolet it emite green-yellow light. It is called fluoresceine, checkout some chemical books.

homemade blacklight ink

Great.

The other thing is a fluid that would become visible while looking through the "coloured" glass filter, a piece of some glass.

So what's about these two?

how to make ultraviolet ink

Another homemade ink (an approximate recipe):

Dissolve 200mG or greater quinine sulfate tablets (an anti-malarial agent available at many online drugstores) in water. Crush with six tablets per 50mL (around 2 ounces) water to start. Add a few drops of sulfuric acid (you can take a few out of a cell in a fully functional lead-acid car battery with an eyedropper if you do not have sulfuric available), test with your UV source as you add to see when additional acid does not intensify further. The ink dries to an invisible-in-sunlight state which shows up blue under UV.

And here is a source for low cost inks if you decide not to fool with it. (In the U.S.):

**broken link removed**

I don't have an answer to your second question, at least not yet.

traxonja

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
will a uv light work with homemade invisible ink

Here is that UV Bandpass filter I need...

**broken link removed**

Trax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back