Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Leave page confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.

betwixt

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it just my system here or has something changed in the Forum software?
Every time I post a reply I get a pop-up asking if I want to leave the page and when I do I get a message saying I must leave a delay between postings.
No settings have been changed at my end and the problem started a few days ago.

Brian.

I seem to get it too and I think it is also the cause for the double posts I see when I try to post.
This warning existed before but was shown only a few times, now it seems to be shown very frequently.
I'm using firefox 10.0.2

Alex

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

I seem to get it too and I think it is also the cause for the double posts I see when I try to post.
This warning existed before but was shown only a few times, now it seems to be shown very frequently.
I'm using firefox 10.0.2

Alex

Thanks Alex.

I'm using Firefox 12.0 on Linux and Windows, I see it happening almost every time now on both OS. It's almost as though clicking on "Post Quick Reply" is sending the message twice and causing the software to think the same post is being submitted straight away again.

Brian.

I think the difference between us is that as I moderator I probably don't have a filter with a min time between posts so I get a duplicate while you get a notification which stops the duplicate.

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

Actually I just though what will happen if I select stay in this page in the dialog and the result was that the message got posted (only once) but I was left in the fast reply screen without any indication that the message had been posted.

Thanks again Alex. Your test confirms it's a bug in the Forum software.

Incidentally, do you know if it's possible to change the timeout period between logging in and new messages still being highlighted? As I make lots of posts, I find that by the time I've written a reply all the new message highlights have cleared and I have to check them by date and time so see if they were written since my last visit.

Brian.

I don't know about these settings , one the admin has access to these.
This has happened to me too many times, there are also times when the opposite happens and the messages don't get flagged as read even after I read them.

He have installed a new spam filter a few days ago, I wonder if this is the cause , It would be a pity if it is and he have to remove it.
Maybe a setting can fix the problem.

As I make lots of posts, I find that by the time I've written a reply all the new message highlights have cleared and I have to check them by date and time so see if they were written since my last visit.

I have the same issue Brian, I usually reference the Quick Links -> Subscribed Threads, which seems to list activity in chronological order.

I also regularly used the bookmark:

Helpful Answers

To review and response to threads where I have received Helpful Ratings.

As to the original thread topic, I'm also utilizing the FireFox browser and experiencing the issues both of you have described. Normally, the notice to leave the page and the resulting double post only occurred when I posted a lengthy reply as such I always assumed it was due to Auto Save and Restore Feature and the length of time between initiating the reply and posting it.

However, I have notice a significant increase in the occurrence of this phenomenon recently.

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

As I make lots of posts, I find that by the time I've written a reply all the new message highlights have cleared and I have to check them by date and time so see if they were written since my last visit.

I have the same issue Brian, I usually reference the Quick Links -> Subscribed Threads, which seems to list activity in chronological order.

I also regularly used the bookmark:

Helpful Answers

To review and response to threads where I have received Helpful Ratings.

As to the original thread topic, I'm also utilizing the FireFox browser and experiencing the issues both of you have described. Normally, the notice to leave the page and the resulting double post only occurred when I posted a lengthy reply as such I always assumed it was due to Auto Save and Restore Feature and the length of time between initiating the reply and posting it.

However, I have notice a significant increase in the occurrence of this phenomenon recently.

I'm using FireFox 13.0 and have also thise symptoms of bug, every time when I write new post. When confirmation windows appear I just skip it clicking on name of thread above that writing window.

The subscribed thread link shows only subscribed threads, I would suggest
that shows all the post.

Alex

P.S. now I didn't get the warning, just a double post

that shows all the post.

Yes, however if you have posted a previous reply to a thread you are subscribed to it. Maybe I'm wrong, I thought Brian was referring to the notifications of New Message on Subscribed Thread and Helpful Ratings Received clearing shortly after you log on.

Sometimes I receive the warning and sometimes I do not.

By the way, these issues only recently increased in frequency this morning, the spam filter has been in place longer.

It may depend on the time of day, the system seems to suffer from various anomalies during specific times of the day. For instance, not being able to clear the New Message on Subscribed Thread notice usually occurs in the afternoon my time.

BigDog

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

that shows all the post.

Yes, however if you have posted a previous reply to a thread you are subscribed to it. Maybe I'm wrong, I thought Brian was referring to the notifications of New Message on Subscribed Thread and Helpful Ratings Received clearing shortly after you log on.

Sometimes I receive the warning and sometimes I do not.

By the way, these issues only recently increased in frequency this morning, the spam filter has been in place longer.

It may depend on the time of day, the system seems to suffer from various anomalies during specific times of the day. For instance, not being able to clear the New Message on Subscribed Thread notice usually occurs in the afternoon my time.

BigDog

Try logging out and clearing your cookies and then logging back in.

BigDog

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

Try logging out and clearing your cookies and then logging back in.

BigDog

Well that wasn't much help.

Well that wasn't much help.

I just get windows "Leave Page...." I click on Leave page and all ok. No showup of confirmation windows, and no notification of new post in subscribed threads.

I delete cookies for edaboard.com, just like BigDog says.

FireFox 13.0

Last edited:

I don't think it's a cookies issue but I have noticed that occasionally the "auto saved" message pops up immediately I try to leave the page, perhaps this is a clue to the problem. I do not 'subscribe' to threads, I just log on to the home page several times every day and follow the highlighted topics to see what's new since my last visit. It's becoming annoying but I can live with it until a fix is found.

Brian.

I think the hamster in the forum wheel has been very tired for a couple of days now. I am getting the same problem all the time. It isn't browser dependent, I think.

Keith

I try on second pc (FireFox 13.0 also) and only appear "Leave Page.." two buttons, I click on Leave Page, and no notification or other windows, after that returned to thread like usually. I just delete edaboard.com cookies.

Normal members cannot double post due to posting frequency limitations. Which is why both Alex and I are posting double replies and tpetar and Brian are not.

BigDog

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:37 ----------

Normal members cannot double post due to posting frequency limitations. Which is why both Alex and I are posting double replies and tpetar and Brian are not.

BigDog

I double posts morning todays, but I learn how to avoid this, also I saw other standard users with lots of doubled posts in threads, like they are using some chinese photocopying device.

Should be fine, really sorry for problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.