Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make a new device in Protieous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qaisar Azeemi

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all;

i often met with a problem in proteus that the component i am using do not present in Proteus liabrary. for example PC817 is a well know optocoupler 4pin IC but it is not present in proteus and many other components as well. now how can i make and simulate the the device/component in proteous that are not available in its liabrary. i am using proteus7.1 sp2.

any help will be much appritiated.

Regards.

Hi Azeemi,

Search "create component with Proteus" in YOUTUBE, you will get lot of videos related to that topic.

Thanks,

Your question was now how can i make and simulate the the device/component in proteus that are not available in its library.

But what you did from the process shown in the videos is create a schematic model and a PCB foorprint, this can just be used to draw the schematic and PCB , not for simulation.
A simulation model if fairly complicated and involved coding in C and an SDK so I doubt that anyone can do it without a strong knowledge of the processes involved and programming skills.

Alex

you are right Mr Alexan. what is the solution to make the device that can simulate?

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:32 ----------

Another problem is the PCB mounted Transformers are not present in the liabrary of Proteus. how can i make it in specific sizes. i want to make one of 220V/12V 150mA transformer to design it in PCB.

Try to use the latest version or proteus because new models are added in each version.

I can't help you make simulation models, I have never made a model.

You can read

Alex

Azeemi,

Transformers are available in Devices of proteus, hence models are available. But those are not associated with a Package. You may design a package as on videos and save it. Then use "Packaging tool" (right click on device in schematic) to assign model pins to your designed package.

Thanks,

thank you mr dinesh... but i am still felling problem/uncertainty in the exact size and spacing of the package that i should keep for the components...

Hi Azeemi,
Well, in that case, do a trial.

First measure your transformer size, space between terminals and decide pad size. Design a package and print it. Place your transformer on it and check accuracy then make adjustments if need.

Thanks,

thank you mr denesh... i Thought to do it but it is not a Professional way....... i want to know professional method to make exact size footprint on software.

What's the problem ? Trial and error is a well recognized professional Engineering method !

Otherwise you measure gaps between pins of transformer, and decide pad size need to solder them. Then draw them using ISIS. It support measuring distance to mouse cursor from the origin that you defined. Also there are lot of pad sizes and shapes you can select.
Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back