Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

addiding white noise to EEG signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapanssonar

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to add white noise to EEG signal plz tell me the solution

well tell us more about your application , what simulation software are you using ? or are you getting output from a true eeg machine ?

well tell us more about your application , what simulation software are you using ? or are you getting output from a true eeg machine ?

i am detecting k-complex using matched filter and DWT. after detecting it, compring their result
1)miss detection v/s noise 2) false alarm v/s noise
so for compring results i want to add noise to EEG signal. i am using matlab 7.9
also tell how to plot comparative graph in matlab?

There are projects that produce white noise, and from more than one type of device.

Some use an NPN with emitter-to-base operated in zener mode, or a zener diode, or a cheap noisy op amp. This method may or may not be available in simulator programs.

There are also commercial chips whose purpose is to generate white noise. An internet search will turn up some. One of these could be among the list of available devices in a simulator.

In matlab we have a AWGN block which can be used for additive white gaussian noise

alright then rock on !!

---------- Post added at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

and ya keep up the good work

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

and ya keep up the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.