Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hot air gun Nozzle SET for SMT chips? and Fine pitch chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

walters

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Who makes a hot air gun nozzles in a set for SMT chips and fine pitch chips

The only hot air gun nozzle sets i see are just random nozzles for the hot air gun but would do nothing to desolder SMT chips and fine pitch chips that have different sizes and pin numbers

And i'm also not sure if these nozzles are universal , cause it seems you have to use their brand of air guns to fit these nozzles

I'm looking for a Hot Air Gun, plus has a set of different nozzles to desolder SMT chips and fine pitch chips, who makes these please?

I have tried the small straight nozzles at work, and you just go around in circles around the SMT or fine pitch chips. But what happens is you either break a chips pin or other components around it melt

Plus i need the nozzles for SMT, because at work they are all double or triple plated sided. So i have to heat up 2 rows of pads X pins on one side of the pcd to get the SMT chip desoldered.

I can't lay the soldering iron on 1 row of pins and try to lift them up. It ruins the pads and PCB.

So i need theses nozzles for SMT and fine pitch, but i don't know which brands do i get to work with the right hot air gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.