Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ultrasonic transducer

Status
Not open for further replies.

anjukeshari

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how can i test the frequency of the ultrasonic transmitter and receiver i have?

I presume you mean the frequency response of the pair of them as used in a link. Build a transmission type oscillator (50V AC? 30-50 KHZ) use it to energise the transmitter then use a sensitive voltmeter ~ 1mV to measure the output from the receiver. Remember the loading and tuning components will have a llarge effect on the gain at any given frequency. To start of with it is best to rely on the manufacturers data.
Frank

You can connect a standard signal generator directly to the transmitter and observe the waveform on an oscilloscope connected to the receiver.
The transmitter-receiver pair will probably be tuned to a particular frequency though, which should be given in the datasheets.

are ultrasonic receiver activated just by the received pulse or there need a circuit to activate it? can i check the receiver frequency simply by connecting two ends of receiver to probes of oscilloscope?

thanx...

---------- Post added at 01:00 ---------- Previous post was at 00:59 ----------

what to do if i dont have ultrasonic microphone.

Didn't get what you mean by receiver frequency. The receiver won't generate a signal on its own; it will just receive signals coming from the transmitter.
You can simply connect a signal generator to the transmitter if you don't have a microphone. Just be sure to check the frequency; usually these transducers work only at a particular frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back