Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in accessing Memory Card through MicroSD Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

shom_show

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to write data in a memory card through MICROSD adapter for MICROSD ATMEGA32 datalogger. But with HYPERTERMINAL software the card is

not getting detected. Can anyone please help me to sort out the problem. I am attaching the ISP connections and the circuit of the data logger. Please

have your response.

Sumanta

Attachments

• SD_DataLogger.pdf
    21.9 KB · Views: 87
  • Extreme burner pic.png
    Extreme burner pic.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 116

Hi,

I am trying to write data in a memory card through MICROSD adapter for MICROSD ATMEGA32 datalogger. But with HYPERTERMINAL software the card is

not getting detected. Can anyone please help me to sort out the problem. I am attaching the ISP connections and the circuit of the data logger. Please

have your response.

Sumanta

Please check the power supply you provided to the Card. I don't think it will be 5.0 Volts, it would be rather lesser than that & the card might have been damaged by now due to the excess voltage stress!!!

Please check the power supply you provided to the Card. I don't think it will be 5.0 Volts, it would be rather lesser than that & the card might have been damaged by now due to the excess voltage stress!!!

Hi,

I have checked the power input to the MICROSD Adapter, it is 5.26 volts. Can you tell me how the BAUD rate settings done in AVR STUDIO4. As I am

setting some baud rate in HYPERTERMINAL software so I guess there may be some different value of baud rate set previously so that the HYPERTERMINAL

software is not able to detect the memory card. Hoping to get your response.

Sumanta

Hi,

The memory card is not getting detected in the HYPERTERMINAL software. Are there any driver that is required to be installed for the memory card to be detected in the PC

through the Atmega32 microcontroller as per the diagram in the attachment in my first post. Please have your suggestions regarding solving the problem.

Sumanta

Is the PC terminal connecting to the unit's command-line-interface, and it is in there that it is quoting "No Memory Card"..?
have fun always
NEal

Is the PC terminal connecting to the unit's command-line-interface, and it is in there that it is quoting "No Memory Card"..?
have fun always
NEal

Hi,

I am attaching the circuit diagram of the datalogger which I am trying to implement. There u can see that the memory card through adapter is

connected to the microcontroller which in turn is again connected with a MAX232. It has a RS232 connection which is interfacing with the computer. So

accordingly I have made the circuit connection. Are there any driver files required to be installed so that the ATmega32 is able to detect the Memory

card. Please have your suggestions regarding solving the problem.

Sumanta

Attachments

• SD_DataLogger.pdf
    21.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Extreme burner pic.png
    Extreme burner pic.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 112

Last edited:

Original link of this project is located here, also there is complete explanation and needed info :

https://www.dharmanitech.com/2011/05/microsd-atmega32-datalogger.html

This circuit what you post uses microsd module ExtremeElextronics which have voltage regulation on 3,3V for SD card.

On the same site you have complete explanation how to link sd with uC. You have other examples without microsd module, which you can use:

https://www.dharmanitech.com/search/label/microSD / SDHC

SD_M32_RTC.JPG

Actually I am not using the MICROSD module and microsd module connector but instead of that I am using Microsd adapter with memory card. I have

soldered pins on microsd adapter and have fixed it on the Bredboard. Then I have wired it with ATMEGA32 according as shown in the circuit diagram of

the datalogger. Will in that way the memory card cannot be accessed by the microcontroller. Please have your suggestions.

Sumanta

Did you check second link in post #7 there is complete explanation from author, it should work like that :

SD_adapter1.JPG

SD_adapter2.JPG

---------- Post added at 17:08 ---------- Previous post was at 16:59 ----------

Like additional to that nice project made by prof. Dharmani You can use voltage divider on input of ADC to measure higher voltage then 5V, or You can modify and adjust calc in source code to get real voltage.

Did you check second link in post #7 there is complete explanation from author, it should work like that :

SD_adapter1.JPG

SD_adapter2.JPG

Hi,

I have checked that post. They have shown that connection for ATMEGA8. But I am using ATMEGA32. For that the necessary connection is given in the datalogger circuit

means which port of the microsd adapter should be connected with the microcontroller. So I am done the circuit accordingly. Hoping to get your response.

Sumanta

Hi,

I have checked that post. They have shown that connection for ATMEGA8. But I am using ATMEGA32. For that the necessary connection is given in the datalogger circuit

means which port of the microsd adapter should be connected with the microcontroller. So I am done the circuit accordingly. Hoping to get your response.

Sumanta

No my friend You didnt look carefully there is ATMega32 in three variant circuits, I post ver2.4 in my post #7 and you reply with quote in post #8, there is circuit, or read link what I give.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back