Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMS based switch controller through 16f877A

Status
Not open for further replies.

alintha

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,

as usually i'm stucked in my project again. ;) So definitily in need of your help. :)

I'm doing a project regarding control switches through sms messaging. I found some circuit diagrams to connect AT supported mobile to the PIC 16f877a. but i have no idea how to write codes to program the pic to access the message memory and decode them. :(((( simply, how to insert AT commands to the SC. (so far i was using PIC BASIC pro to program ICs. But it seems now onwards i will have to use C.)

Thanks for viewing :)

AT Comands are sent through serial UART, so u have to learn the AT comands <

The mObile or gsm, module would be connected through Rx Tx and u have to send ur comands as u would send any string from the Microcontroller,

For example if you send the AT comand AT+CMGR=1\r in most of modules to read the message that is stored at location 1; so u can send this comand in code as
Code:
UART_send_string("AT+CMGR=1\r");

---------- Post added at 07:46 ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 ----------

Hope the Links to the App notes in the following post would help you understand .http://teeblog.blog.com/archives/888/

Thanks a lot sherazi. :) still have some problems. when i type UART in mikro C it says undeclared identifier. So, is there any other way of sending UART pattern signals in Mikro C?

well i just showed a function for uart transmit

u should initailize the uart port and then use the function that is there instead of uart_send _string()

I hope u have used Serial communication before!

Status
Not open for further replies.