Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Verification or physical design

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigar.prajapati

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the difference between verification or physical design? or which design in huge demand in industries? Please tell me about my question?

Physical design = Mechanical design of electronics is not found in electronics theory. but has implications on electronic behaviours and non-ideal performance.

It requires vast experience in parts, & processes which may be bonded by solder. Each part has known non-ideal characteristics, some of which are not specified and limited range of practical values.

The design of IC's , Hybrids or PCA's requires this experience and some of the design rules are put into CAD tools for Design Rule Checking (DRC). Mentor tools are good but $$. Those who can afford these tools are big companies who design such products, but may not necessarily make them. i.e. "fabless designers"

Every high quality industry needs these engineering skills but if you are only referring to Electronics and Mentor software, that refers to large ODM's and /or Fabless design shops and/or a OEM/ODM fabrication company. You need to appreciate theory, design rules for yield, performance and acceptance test methods.

However the Mentor Tools are vast and embodies the wisdom of experienced engineering designers, where one "seat" of all their tool options may cost as much as $1million per workstation. ( Automotive & Aerospace may have such budgets)

So learn the DRC rules for free as a student now. YOu may work for a company that cannot afford them.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back