Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] TDA7052A audio amp and 9V vs 3V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janis Re

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

Can somebody please help me with the following issue?

I just constructed a circuit around the TDA7052A audio amp based on this schematic which I found on internet:

MiniGuitarAmp.GIF

(https://www.redcircuits.com/Page96.htm)

The only difference from the schematic is that I have omitted the speaker.

Information supplied with the schematic states that the amp can be used with either 9V or 3V supply.

I tried to use it with a 32 ohms headphones. It sounds reasonably good (surprisingly good) with a 9V battery and starts to distort only at the volume on the guitar turned almost all the way up. However when 3V is supplied, there is not much volume (close to none) and it starts to distort almost as soon as the volume knob is turned 1/3 up.

The data sheet for the TDA7052A says that the minimal input is 4,5V. So is the statement on using this circuit with 3V is quit false or are there some other issues?

Best regards,
J.R.

In order to be sure that the TDA7052 will operate correctly you must provide the minimum specified voltage as in the datasheet, and that’s 4.5V. There’s always a possibility to work under the minimum specified voltage, even it can happen for some successful experiments at 3V, that’s not a standard condition for all the circuits, and you don’t need to take it for granted. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.