Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bank issue in PIC18 with Hitech C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neveth

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using PIC18F45K22, which has Six Banks (0 to 5) ! And Hi-tech C - PRO v9.80 (which is latest) !
I'm having trouble accessing the banks purposefully ! Address qualifiers are all ignored, even though i select 'specified bank allocation should require' in the complier option ! All my memory is being dumped in to bank0 and bank1 by default and my access memory is overflowing !

Cant able to change complier properties, I even tried some command line drivers to change, it too failed !

Have any of you had this problem before ? is that any solution to sort out this ?

Thanks in advance !

I did have a similar problem some time ago using Microchips mcc18 compiler.
I can't remember the exact solution, but I edited the linker file. You can name the banks and then direct the compiler to use the named bank.

Sorry I cant remember more exact details of how I solved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.