Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Allgro PCB, thermal via

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovibb

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,

Please how i can add thermal via to thermal pad in Allegro PCB work in package regime? Thank you for advices

Use Route command and than double click to add via during footprint creation or you can use multiple drill option in Pad Designer.

Reactions: kovibb

kovibb

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
this is exactly what i want to know. I have one more question for you. Can you tell me how can I create thermal via in Pad Designer? What all must defined in begin layer? How size of pad in begin layer I must set when it be embedded in thermal cooper die pad?

thanks

size is defined in the datashhet fot thermal pad it also gives the details of drill for thermal via

Hi kovibb,
You can't create the thermal on "Pad Designer" directly. First you create the thermal seperately, after that you can add in "Pad Designer".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back