Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Monopulse tracking system in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

vfurlan

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm designing a monopulse tracking system. It consist of Rat-race monopulse comparator and a system of 4 dipole antennas. The comparator is working fine, designed in HFSS and measured. Now, the problem is that I want to receive a circular polarized wave. This means that antenna A has to be connected with cable length L, antenna B L + lambda/4, antenna C with L + lambda/2, and antenna D with L + lambda*3/4.
I do not know if this will work with rat-race comparator, so I designed a HFSS model (see picture).
The idea is to illuminate antenna with incident field port, and from imag and real part of S parameters at ports Azimuth, Elevation, and Sum calculate the resulting Azimuth, Elevation and Sum.
My question is: if I place the IncPwave port at the top of the model, will I get the results at the ports on comparator at the bottom of the model. At first glance HFSS does not give me S parameters for IncPwave. I have never used IncPwave and I might be mistaken. What should I do?

Thank you

Let me rephrase my question...

If I use Incident Wave Port, how can I see what is induced at Wave Port exit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back