Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MP3 decoder chip built with PLD and VHDL

Status
Not open for further replies.
mp3 decoder ic

yes, I test the decoder using a lots of mp3 file with all format, the useage of the fpga is this first is 42% and the second is 48%, if the embed Ram of fpga is big enough I can emergy the design with one fpga. The decoder is designed by myself only and not use any IP.

ide mp3 decode code

Thanks zzxxdd but this doesn't really help us more than it did on your first reply- what I/we am/are talking about is some technical answer but it seems that you are not really happy to share. I take it for granted that you did what you tell us but afterall don't we all need proof about the things we tell are indeed reality. Cheers

Wafer101.

best decoder chip for mp3

Is it possible to use an 8 bit mcu plus the floating or fixed point co-processor to implement the MP3 playback?

spartan 3 mp3 decoder

use an 8 bit mcu and a mp3 decoder
will more easy!!

video codec chips architecture and vhdl code

you may use handel-c - look at www.celoxica.com

mp3 encoder using vhdl

Hi All,

I've read through your discussions, I personally believe it is doable and the following is a similar decoding/encoding project implemented using LEON 32-bit CPU.

I believe you could borrow some ideas from it.

Beaware of this encoding/decoding algorithm is different. However, closed to MP3 as far as I understand.

Enjoy,

http://oggonachip.sourceforge.net/

mp3-decoder ip-core

Who has MP3 encoder/decoder IP?

I'm eager to get MP3 IP....

If someone has it, plz contact with me...

fgpa mp3

fatkiller said:
another solution is use this chip:

http://www.atmel.com/atmel/acrobat/doc3bf4f67b968a9.pdf

all in one:
64K Flash
Microcontroller with 2304 Bytes RAM and an MP3 Decoder,
TWI,
USB,
SPI,
I2S,
Man Machine Interface,
10-bit ADC

Bye
Fatkiller

The market leader now is SigmaTel which just went IPO a month ago.

**broken link removed**

I'd like to know if there is anyone else with such kind of chips or is planning working on it.

casual3

mp3 decode vhdl

martin said:
I guess it is difficult to implement MP3 encoder/decoder on FPGA.
The polyphase filter bank and psychoacoustic model causes a large amount of computation and table look-up. Those are better done by a MCU or DSP,such as ARM7 or TI 55xx DSP.
Any other suggestion?
Maybe you can implement the IMDCT in MP3 with FFT, which can be further implement via FHT.
For FHT(FFT) implementation, you can try to use adder & shifter make a mulitipler-less design. This is something like a digital filter and has been widely researched. Just search "Multiple constant multiplication" at google.

zzxxdd

Any faster FGPA/embedded chip/system outhere to make mp3 decoder using VHDL??

Wafer101 :) :)

vhdl mp3 decoder xilinx

In our laboratory 2 different projects of MP3 decoder were finished
using VHDL.
1st one: specific data path +FSM configured in Virtex800;
2nd one: ARM-like IP core described by VHDL which implements c-program of the decoder, configured in Virtex300 + outer SDRAM.

vhdl mp3 decoder virtex

i believe it will expensive to do MP3 player on an FPGA, however it is doable with large FPGA's, like Spartan-III.
Wih Virtex-II pro you can make even much larger application where the MP3 player is a part of it that can be realized with the embedded powerPC.
If you want to do it all in VHDL then try to do it on a Spartan-III 1 Million gate FPGA, I guess this will fit and it won't be very epensive "you can get Spartan-III 1 million gate for less than 30$" but you still will need storage IC or HDD.

mp3 decoder in vhdl

Aser said:
using VHDL.
2nd one: ARM-like IP core described by VHDL which implements c-program of the decoder, configured in Virtex300 + outer SDRAM.

Dear Aser

I also very interested in designing MP3 decoder chip which is implemented in FPGA chip by HDL language. And now I am not successful. So I think that you can help me to solve this problem ?

May you share your project or some documents about MP3 decoder ?

Which FPGA chip do you use for your project ?

Thank you so much.

Your sincerely

virtex e600

Aser said:
using VHDL.

Dear Aser

I also very interested in designing MP3 decoder chip which is implemented in FPGA chip by HDL language. And now I am not successful. So I think that you can help me to solve this problem ?

May you share your project or some documents about MP3 decoder ?

Which FPGA chip do you use for your project ?

Thank you so much.

Your sincerely

create mp3 chip

What do you think about this IC

A42Mx09

is From Actel

implementation of mp3 in vhdl

zzxxdd said:
I think fpga can make mp3 decoder, because I have already complete the design on July this year, and I used fpga is xilinx Virtex-E 600 X 2
could you show me in detail.I am interested in it.

a complete mp3 decoder on a chip.pdf

I have already complete the design on July this year, and I used fpga is xilinx Virtex-E 600 X 2

Hello zzxxdd I am interested in your project is it possible to get the code ??

mp3 vhdl ip

I found this, but the pdf is broken :cry: :cry:
I someone can fix it, please upload again, i cant fix it :cry: :( :cry:

The files posted by Moof are all ok .The thing is that the Mp3.pfd are not really PDF file .One is Edif 2 .The other one is a xilinx ptoject configuration file ..THERE ARE NO ACROBAT PDF files here !! So don't try to open them with it!

so Elton??, can we build that?, is working? what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.