Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT command set and connection between laptop and GM862 QUAD module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishek n tripathi

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have breakout board . But how to sent command from Laptop having ubuntu operating system
I have already searched a lot , everywhere is information about AT command set but my problem is how to use these command to check my device is working or not,where to write these command? is it on terminal(command prompt) or from anywhere else.
I have inserted a SIM card inside GM862 QUAD module and when i switched on it by supply there is LED which glows but now problem is to check working of module. So i want to send AT command from my laptop.I am using SIM card which has plan of accessing of net.Please help me.

Regards
Abhishek N Tripathi

Hi,

If you have Windows OS, you can use HyperTerminal or any other Serial Terminal Program to send command to GM862 via Serial Port. (you should use this method to ensure your modem, power, sim card and serial cable is OKAY)

I have no idea about UBuntu, you should search UBuntu forum for serial interface programs and methods. Look for Serial Emulator.

This is the reason you are not getting reply here.

Always interested to learn new thing, if you happened to find solution for UBuntu please share here.

M.Pathma

The Linux command prompt is a terminal that interface to the Linux OS. The command prompt will not talk to your GPRS modem
Linux has may terminal - serial port applications that will give you the same performance as Hyperterminal running on a Win OS. The AT commands for GPRS modem are fairly standard

Thank you very much sir for reply...
Now i am using below link to connect my GM862 QUAD module.
https://tinkerlog.com/2009/05/15/interfacing-arduino-with-a-telit-gm862/
but i am using ARDUINO UNO module
I am not using any voltage divider circuit for this and i am not getting any response.Message is on ARDUINO IDE is no response .
And RX pin of arduino is also not blinking while TX is blinking .So what to do now?

Regards
Abhishek n tripathi

---------- Post added at 09:53 ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 ----------

Thank you very much sir for reply...
Now i am using below link to connect my GM862 QUAD module.
https://tinkerlog.com/2009/05/15/interfacing-arduino-with-a-telit-gm862/
but i am using ARDUINO UNO module
I am not using any voltage divider circuit for this and i am not getting any response.Message is on ARDUINO IDE is no response .
And RX pin of arduino is also not blinking while TX is blinking .So what to do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.