Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assist GPS (A-GPS, U-blox)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eemkutay

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I have to make a gps project with stm32F107. I can decode and communicate with gps module but I need very fast starting of gps in 5-10 second.
That is possible with online or offline A-GPS. Do you know a sample project? How can I add a-gps to my project? What are steps? How can I get a-gps data from u-blox a-gps service?

u-blox a-gps service : agps.u-blox.com
port:46434

The warm and cold aquisition time depends on the GPS device and you can only accelerate a cold start by seeding the GPS with accurate current postion, time and valid satelite ephemiris data. Read the GPS module specification

thanks for repply,
I read it but I didnt understand exactly. Yes I want to accelerate cold start by agps. But how to make? I dont know. Can you help me about this subject?

Hi,

As klystron mentioned you need to give a approximate location of the unit. As with u-blox, I presume you have gone through this link. Typically inthe event of warm start or hot start you should be able to get the ephemeris data as is. The only problem can be at cold start. Regarding the detail of where to satrt I would read throught the cold start and hot start registers that need to be set and see if that meets your up-time start up. Then not worry too much about the cold start version.

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back