Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UART connection issue with bluetooth module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj_tdci

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm new to all this and having major issues programming my Bluetooth module;

**broken link removed**

I've made a PCB for it with 3.3V supply and all gnd points connected however no matter what I try I cannot get through
to it via my computer to program...

Im using HyperTerminal through a USB to R232 (UART bridge) from silicone labs.

Does anyone know which connections need to be made from the bridge to the module (up to six inc. VCC & GND) for it to work as all combinations i've tried result in nothing...

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi,

sorry but you choosed bad modul for rs232 communication. Your module just spports A2DP profile (audio stream) but for serial communication you need RFCOMM profile. Only one way how to use audio module for serial communiacation is use something like DTMF (ask google) modulation.

How to establish BT line generaly:
1. search available BT modules arround
2. pair each other(must be)
3. open communicaton

Some details can be depandant from moul to modul (like choosing channel, handling rts/cts,...). Read carrefuly your module pdf.

Anyway:
Obviously one module can be use for most profiles but you have to change firmware in your BT module. Ask manufacturer how to or if is it possible.

good luck

@bohumilfulin, aj_tdci is not trying to use it as a serial communications device but is merely trying to communicate with the device itself, through its UART, for control purposes.

Sorry that I can't offer any specific advice though, other than to check that it is wired and powered correctly, that the communications profile is correct on the PC (the datasheet says to see the "FLCBTMD738 software user guide") and then scope out the serial lines to check that you actually have some activity.

I may have committed a school boy error here...can anyone confirm that for this module to work I need both a 3.3V AND 1.8V supply connected and not just one or the other...?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back