Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ModelSim SE (Altera) - TCL to Enumerate signals in Wave Window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisZeh

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm curious if there is a way to enumerate all of the signals that are currently in the Wave window just using the TCL/Transcript window?

As a real kludge I think I can save the wave format using the following:
write format wave -window .main_pane.wave.interior.cs.body.pw.wf {C:/wave.do}

Then I can parse the output to find all the waves, but I would hope there is an easier way...?

(I'm trying to put together a generic TCL script which will find all of the signals I've manually added to the wave window, add those to a list then export it to a tabular file, for use in Python.)

Thanks!

I found this example: **broken link removed**

Seems like I might need to do some hooking as modelsim starts up in order to expose the Tk objects of the wave window. The example also shows how to add in Menu Items. I'll have to play around with it, but seems like this might be a possible solution.

Eventually, I found that ModelSim ASE version (Altera - SE), does not support Tk, so the kind of introspection I was suggesting in the post above does not work. Apparently the only solution would be the file parsing I suggested in the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back