Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem regarding burning program in Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you buy the m32 with the board?
Which clock source is it programmed to?
The board has a 16MHz crystal but the default clock source of m32 is internal RC set to 1MHz , any idea if it has been changed?
Did you ever change the CKSEL fuses or any other fuses, can you have the wrong value set?

Did you buy the m32 with the board?
Which clock source is it programmed to?
The board has a 16MHz crystal but the default clock source of m32 is internal RC set to 1MHz , any idea if it has been changed?
Did you ever change the CKSEL fuses or any other fuses, can you have the wrong value set?

No the m32 is not bought with the development board USB AVR PROG V2.1.

The Clock source is from a Crystal Oscillator of frequency 16 MHz.

No the CKSEL fuses has never been modified. It has the default values set.

Sumanta

The default values from the factory are set for internal RC @1MHz, the m32 is not working in the frequency you think it is and the crystal connected to it doesn't change anything unless the fuses are set for a crystal clock source.

The USBasp programmer has a jumper that sets a slow SCK frequency for usage in cases like this where the mcu works in a low frequency , your programmer doesn't have such a jumper (unless it is set permanently to slow), this can be the cause of your problem.

Alex

I had same problem

1)connections were ok . 2)drivers were installed correctly.

but same error:power on failed

I tried second mcu (Atmega32): but problem not solved same error. I tried second usbasp : but same error.

Then finally i got it accidentally ,the problem was usbasp hardware......(i dont meant manufacturing fault) if you see it you will find jumper connection named(CLK) when i put the jumper on it ,it work succesfully. connect the two leads named (CLK) on usbasp.

Status
Not open for further replies.