Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic Xytronic LF-8800 Digital Soldering and Desoldering Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chance of finding is slim on this commercial confidential document. Reverse engineer what info you need or contact factory tech support if you have an issue.

Hi!

What's actually wrong with yours? As Member SunnySkyguy says these things are usually easy enough to reverse-engineer!

"H-E" on the display indicates the iron's heater circuit is o/c or poorly connected, whilst "S-E" indicates similarly for the sensor thermistor incorporated in the iron - in either case, the control chip (a PIC or ATMega in these things most likely!) will shut off the o/p to the heater control circuit.

The soldering tool will have five connections, two for the heater, two for the thermistor plus an earth, whilst the desoldering tool has six/seven connections depending on wether it's press button is an isolated contact or not, again with an earth for the tip.

Dismantle your unit and make a note of the type of controller, download it's datasheet, then draw it's circuit symbol in the middle of an A3 sheet of paper, then draw a mains transformer symbol on the left with a 32V secondary, three LED seven-segment display units in the middle above the microcontroller, the opto/zero crossing circuit etc., on the RHS side of your sheet then work from there - each time you come across a new component, look it up and draw it's circuit symbol!

As long you've not had your eyes operated on (like I have!) and can see close up (I can't!!!) it's easy, honest!

Chris Williams

I read on another thread someone (maybe GONZO) was getting failures with his ZCS triac, so I surmised his solder sucker pump was blowing the triac from dv/dt surges on pump shutoff, so add RC snubber filter using good plastic cap across AC leads to Zero Crossing Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back