Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] "PIC Programming error" --> error code verify error at 0000. 3FFF should be 2AB6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

john86

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
"PIC Programming error" --> error code verify error at 0000. 3FFF should be 2AB6.

Hi guys

I use a PIC16f877A and a EPICwin Programmer.
I compiled my program in MikroC without any errors.
I erased the IC and then started to programming it. but each time the below process occur!

"device not blank.
program anyway?"

(I click the OK, and it start to program.... after a process it give me the below error...)

"code verify error at 0000.
3FFF should be 2AB6.
continue verifying?"

(when I Click OK this error happens with different numbers! such as below...)

"code verify error at 0003.
3FFF should be 09FB.
continue verifying?"

what should I do?
meanwhile my program does not have any "Headers" (I mean #include <...> and such things!) I don't know what headers should I add? of course if needed!

I should mention that I changed the IC (for assurance from IC crash).

Regards,

Re: "PIC Programming error" --> error code verify error at 0000. 3FFF should be 2AB6

You need to make sure the device is erased before you program it. I'm not familiar with your programmer, but usually the erase step is part of programming; it sounds like you need to explicitly erase it in a separate step.

Re: "PIC Programming error" --> error code verify error at 0000. 3FFF should be 2AB6

It seems to be the erasing didnt work..

Try erasing manually...

To confirm the erase use "Blank Check"

3FFF is the normal content of an erased location so it might have erased but it didn't accept the new program. Erasing and programming are both done through the same serial interface to the PIC so it suggests either a connection problem or the programming voltage (VPP) is out of specification.

Check you have the correct device selected - the 877 and 877A use different programming commands.

Brian.

Reactions: john86

john86

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

3FFF is the normal content of an erased location so it might have erased but it didn't accept the new program. Erasing and programming are both done through the same serial interface to the PIC so it suggests either a connection problem or the programming voltage (VPP) is out of specification.

Check you have the correct device selected - the 877 and 877A use different programming commands.

Brian.

Thank you guys. specially betwixt,
these comments helped me to solve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.