Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

salaries for embedded engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
salary statistics europe

ME said:
Both bachelor and master students are paid €600 per month.
But I don't think foregniers get paid to study here

I think I like to do my masters in Denmark.
ME please guide me to dating websites for Denmark. I need to have a danish girlfriend.

salary in imec

djalli said:
ME said:
Both bachelor and master students are paid €600 per month.
But I don't think foregniers get paid to study here

I think I like to do my masters in Denmark.
ME please guide me to dating websites for Denmark. I need to have a danish girlfriend.
:lol:

How old are you and where do you come from?

Try this one www.dating.dk

I don't think you can get any money as a foreigner.

salaries eu

Old: 24
Hair: Somewhat blond like danish girls are
Height: 185cm
Weight: 80kg
How can I post it in danish dating website?

It will be a disgrace if I do not find job in US. My family came for future in US.

it engineer salary, europe

Well, as much as I can see there aren't any info for Greece.
As a Junior Eng you will be getting aprox 900 euro
As a Senior(up to 5 years exp) Eng 1400-1500 euro

But you first have to find a job wich is quite dificult

comparison of salaries europe

I got a BS in electronics engineering with telecommuniations specialization (RF and MW). I have no experience. What is the best european country in which apply for a job?
with "best" I mean that is also good for a career prospective and life cost.
I'm really interested to know salary details about France, Germany, Denmark and UK.
Many thanks

engineer salary denmark

Puppet1 said:
So I looked at a few job sites for recruiters in Europe, IC-Resources.co.uk being the most popular and I see that 25K - 30K Euros is a good starting range for salaries.

So I think I am going to target that range.

Any more help, let me know.

Eastern Europe however, interests me the most, I want to see how salaries track the UK, Ireland and France over there...

Hi,
I don't know much about analog ASIC engineers, but a person with 5 years experience in any kind of ASIC with a prover recoder of one or 2 completed ASICs can get something between 40-70k/year.

But Ireland is an expensive country, it is one of the most expensive countries in Europe at the moment, for example you pay 600 euro for a one bedroom appartment or 1200 for a 3 bedroom house.

Taxation is also pretty high, it is 21 or 42% depending on your salary level and your family situiation.

Also for a newcommer, everything is expensive, such as car-insurance. It can be anything from 2000-5000 euro depending on your age and the type of insurance you are looking for.

Hope this helps,

BR,
/Farhad

comparative salaries in europe

I Denmark you often pay more than 50% taxes.
And when you buy a new car you have to pay 180% taxes!!! Yes we actually pay almost 3 times the value of a new car.
Only one country in the whole world has higher car taxes than Denmark. I forgot which country it is, but it's some small country in Asia like Singapore or Hong Kong.
We also have some of the higest salaries in the world, but it's useless to compare salaries from country to country if you don't compare living costs at the same time.
This is very complicated to do, and it would probably be better to ask this in an economists forum instead of an eletronics forum.
You can find lot of economic statistics pages at the internet. Try to compare living standard instead of comparing salaries.

average salaries in europe 2009

Talking about Denmark,

How easy is it for a foreigner(EU civilian) to come and work in
Denmark? Meaning, if he is going to adapt easily with Danish people,
or he is going to feel an outcome for the rest of his life.
And, is the ratio salary/life cost good enough to have a descent life?

avarage salary in europe

amok said:
Talking about Denmark,

How easy is it for a foreigner(EU civilian) to come and work in
Denmark? Meaning, if he is going to adapt easily with Danish people,
or he is going to feel an outcome for the rest of his life.
It can be hard to get integrated in Denmark.
It's hard for foregneirs to get jobs here, especially if they don't speak Danish fluently.
But it's easier for people from the western culture to adapt than from other parts of the world.
Many refugees with a higher educations from their home country such as engineers and doctors etc. works as taxi drivers or in a pizzaria or have no job at all.
If there's a Dane and a foregneir applying for the same job, 9 out of 10 times the Dane gets the job no matter who has the best qulifications on paper.
One of the most important things to do to become integrated is to learn the language fluently; but this is importnt no matter which country you move to.

And, is the ratio salary/life cost good enough to have a descent life?
More than so, there is no really poor people in Denmark at all, no matter if they have a job or not. Denmark is one big middle class, there's no poor people and very few very rich peole. The more you earn the higher tax percentage you have to pay and it can get very high for really rich people.
A country like USA has a lot of poor people, but they also have more very rich people than Denmark.
According to statistics, Denmark has one of the highest living standards in the world. All Scandinavian/Nordic countries are in the top of these stastistics.
They say it's hard for foreginers to get really integrated in Denmark and I tend to agree with this. Many countries are easier to get integrated in than Nordic countries, because they have been used to foregneirs for a long time.
It's only the last generation or two we have had a lot of refugees, so people have not been used to many foregneirs, just a few decades ago.

Western people with the same cultrual ar relegious background as Danes find it a lot easier to adapt to the Danish way of living than people from other cultrual and relegios backgrouds. Very relegious people from other relegions find it hard to accept the liberal way of living in Denmark.

As a foregneir you need to work very hard to get a job lives up to your qualifications.

Here's a lot of diiferent nation statistics to browse:
https://www.nationmaster.com
You can ind countless of different statistics about economics, taxations, education level, energy, enviroment etc. etc.
There's even a statistic about how many McDonal's restaurents you can find in each country.
Japan is surprisingly #2 on that list with 3,598 McDonald's restaurants; guess who is number 1 with 12,804 McDonald's restaurants. Not very hard to guees :roll:

graduate engineering salaries in europe

Here's some tax statistics:

Taxation: Total tax wedge (single worker)

1. Belgium 55.6%
2. Hungary 52.6%
3. Germany 50.7%
4. Sweden 48.6%
5. France 48.3%
6. Italy 46.2%
7. Finland 45.9%
8. Austria 44.7%
9. Denmark 44.2%
10. Turkey 43.2%
11. Czech Republic 43.0%
12. Poland 42.9%
13. Netherlands 42.3%
14. Slovakia 42.0%
15. Spain 37.9%
16. Norway 37.0%
17. Greece 36.0%
18. Luxembourg 33.9%
19. Portugal 32.5%
20. Canada 30.2%
21. United States 30.0%
22. United Kingdom 29.7%
23. Switzerland 29.5%
24. Ireland 25.8%
25. Iceland 25.7%
26. Japan 24.2%
27. Australia 23.1%
28. New Zealand 19.6%
29. Mexico 15.6%
Weighted Average 34.04 %

Definition: The percentage of gross earnings given up in tax, including any social security contributions. Calculated for a single worker without children, earning 100% of the average wage. Data for 2001, and only for selected OECD countries.

1. Turkey 43.2%
2. Sweden 41.4%
3. Belgium 40.2%
4. France 39.4%
5. Hungary 38.9%
6. Finland 38.8%
7. Poland 38.0%
8. Greece 36.1%
9. Italy 35.6%
10. Germany 32.6%
11. Netherlands 32.4%
12. Denmark 31.3%
13. Spain 31.0%
14. Slovakia 30.1%
15. Austria 29.4%
16. Czech Republic 27.8%
17. Norway 27.2%
18. Portugal 24.2%
19. Canada 20.5%
20. Japan 20.4%
21. United States 19.4%
22. Switzerland 17.9%
23. United Kingdom 17.8%
24. New Zealand 16.8%
25. Mexico 15.6%
26. Australia 13.1%
27. Ireland 12.8%
28. Luxembourg 11.5%
29. Iceland 2.8%
Weighted Average 25.74 %

Definition: The percentage of gross earnings given up in tax, including any social security contributions. Calculated for a married couple with two children, earning 100% of the average wage. Data for 2001. Selected OECD countries only.

avarage salary

8)
Fant : The average salary is about 1500 euro ( if you are lucky ) for +10 years employee and in many companies the overtime is not paid.

ME: We also have some of the higest salaries in the world, but it's useless to compare salaries from country to country if you don't compare living costs at the same time.

Hmmm!

In India a fresh Engineer is paid about 2.5 lakhs per annum ( 5500$)
2 years experience 5 Lakhs ( 10000$)
5 years 7 to 8 lakhs ( 16000$)
10 years+ 10 to 14 Lakhs ( 32000$ US)

general Cost of living

1: Rent for a good house ---- 1000 to 2400$ year
2: A CHAUFFEUR ---- 1000$ year
3: A BUTLER ---- 1000$ year
4: Two Maid servents ---- 800$ year
--------------------
3800$ to 5200 $ per year depending on
your luxuary.

I dont think any salaried engineer from other countries can Afford this kind of luxuary. the cost of Living is very less in India and the Salaries are only rising

highest wages in europe

rauol said:
2: A CHAUFFEUR ---- 1000$ year
3: A BUTLER ---- 1000$ year
4: Two Maid servents ---- 800$ year
--------------------
3800$ to 5200 $ per year depending on
your luxuary.

I dont think any salaried engineer from other countries can Afford this kind of luxuary. the cost of Living is very less in India and the Salaries are only rising
Yes the livng costs might not be very high for an engineer, but the living costs must be very very high for a maid compared to her salary.

In Denmark there's not a great diference in salaries wehter you are maid or engineer.
A maid in Denmark would earn much more than an engineer earns in India. But an engineer in Denmark wouldn't earn the double of a maid in Denmark.
In India there's a very very big difference in salary I can see.
Everyone with even the lousiest job in Denmark have a very decent salary.
Because there's no underpaid workers here, no engineer could afford to pay the salary of such a staff.

average salaries in europe 2008

ME (Super Moderator) you just posted all those tax numbers, yet where did you get them from ?

Knowing the tax rates in different countries, aren't the nordic countries (sweden, denmark and norway) the most taxed ?

i am confused now, please tell me what that data means and what tax bracket and so on.

engineer salary eu

Here's an article from The Economist about the Nordic countries seen from the outside. I would reccomed to read it all if you want to know more about the Nordic countries. You can also find good articles about other countries:
http://www.economist.com/surveys/showsurvey.cfm?issue=20030614
Here's a little snippet from the article:
To be a citizen of one of them today is to be more assured of wealth, political stability, generous welfare, low crime and a good life than in most other countries. In international comparisons, one of the Nordic five regularly comes off best. Finns are the least corrupt people anywhere; Norwegians enjoy the best standard of living; the Finnish economy is the most competitive after America; the Nordics as a group are the happiest in their jobs, and most generous with foreign aid; Nordic women enjoy more equal treatment with men than those anywhere else; and so on. One veteran Finnish commentator sums it up crisply: “We live today in idyllic circumstances in terms of security, living standards and domestic politics; in a way it is unbelievable.” But can this tolerant, rich and happy dream continue?

Puppet1 said:
ME (Super Moderator) you just posted all those tax numbers, yet where did you get them from ?
I found it at http://www.nationmaster.com

Puppet1 said:
Knowing the tax rates in different countries, aren't the nordic countries (sweden, denmark and norway) the most taxed ?
That was my impression too, I'm a bit surprised with some of the countries above the Nordic countries.

And just to clear up a common misunderstanding:
Scandinavian and Nordic countires are not the same.

Scandinavia is a region which contains Norway, Sweden and Denmark. Geographically, Scandinavia may also refer to the Scandinavian Peninsula which contains only Norway and Sweden. However, the cultural/political region Scandinavia also includes Denmark.

The term the Nordic countries has a different meaning and includes the three Scandinavian countries Norway, Sweden and Denmark plus the non-scandinavian countries Finland and Iceland.

In addition, the following autonomous territories are associated members of the Nordic Council:

Åland (Finland)
Faroe Islands (Denmark)
Greenland (Denmark)
They enjoy a degree of self-government and have distinct separate identities within their respective countries. The Lapland region has a distinct identity as well. In loose usage, the term Scandinavia is sometimes used as a synonym for Nordic countries. Strictly, however, political/cultural Scandinavia only includes Sweden, Norway and Denmark, while geographical Scandinavia only includes Sweden and Norway. The Nordic countries has an aggregate population of about 24 million.

The Faroe Islands (Danish: Færøerne, Faroese: Føroyar, meaning "Sheep Islands") are a group of islands in the north Atlantic Ocean between Scotland and Iceland. They are a territory of Denmark. Since 1948 they have had self-government in almost all matters except defence and foreign affairs.

Greenland (in Danish: Grønland, and in Greenlandic: Kalaallit Nunaat, literal meaning: "Land of the human") is the world's largest island, about 84% ice-capped (or ice-sheeted). Greenland was one of the Norwegian Crown colonies until 1814, when it went to Denmark. Danish territory since 1979, when the island was granted home rule (hjemmestyre) by the Danish parliament. The law went into effect the following year. The Queen of Denmark remains Greenland's Head of State, however.

The Åland Islands, or Landskapet Åland in Swedish, is an autonomous, demilitarized and unilingually Swedish province of Finland, consisting of more than 6,500 islands and skerries. The Åland Islands are an archipelago at the entrance to the Gulf of Bothnia, about 40 km from the coast of Sweden, and 25 km from that of Finland.
The Finnish language name for the province is Ahvenanmaa. In English the Latin name Alandia might sometimes be seen.

Copied from here, it was easier than to write it myself: **broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
Just a little geographic lesson :)

european salaries comparison

Another important thing to compare when you compare working in different countries is how many hours you have to work per week and how many holidays you have.

In Denmark an employee usally works 37 hours per week, which is in the low compared to many other countries.
By law, all Danish employees has 5-6 weeks of paid vacation per year and you have the right to hold at leasr 3 of these weeks in a row in the main holiday seasons.
I USA for example, I think it would be impossible to get 5-6 weeks of paid vacation per year.

How many hours per week does a normal employee work in you country and how much vacation per year does he have?

Here's another great resource for information about different countries from CIA (USA's Central Intelligence Agency):
CIA, The World Factbook **broken link removed**
This is very useful to read before you visit a new country.
You can find all sotrs of information and statistics about every country in the world.
You can find statistics such as "Unemployment rate", which can give an indication on how easy it would be to find a job.

salary engineer europ

If I well understood, Seems that live in Danmark is much better than in Italy:

Taxation: Total tax wedge (single worker without children)

6. Italy 46.2%
9. Denmark 44.2%

Taxation: Total tax wedge (married couple with two children

9. Italy 35.6%
12. Denmark 31.3%

Danish electronics engineers avarage salary 2003:
master degree was € 3,919 ($4,863) per month
bachelor degree was € 3,737 ($ 4,637) per month

Italian electronics engineers avarage salary 2003/2004:
New graduate at the moment receive offer as stage (at 400-500 euro/months), or temporary contract (at 700-800 euro per months).
The average salary is about 1500 euro ( if you are lucky ) for +10 years employee and in many companies the overtime is not paid

Danish working conditions:
employee usally works 37 hours per week
get 5-6 weeks of paid vacation per year

Italian working conditions:
employee works 40 hours per week minimun, but usually rises to 50-60 without salary increment ( especially for new grads )
Maximun 2-3 weeks of paid vacation per year.

Unemployment rate:
28. Italy 9.1% (2002 est.) ( a very optimistic estimation )
19. Denmark 5.1% (2002)

https://www.nationmaster.com for further details

engineer europe salary

ME,

do you know enterprises that are employing foreigners (from EU) engineers in Denmark ?
Does they offers temporary lodging for free or partially paid?
What type of job contract ( temporary or permanent ) is the most used in Denmark?
How are treated employees that wants to marry?

mange tak

best wages in europe

orikfa said:
ME,

do you know enterprises that are employing foreigners (from EU) engineers in Denmark ?
No, it's very hard to find job as a foreigner in Denmark. I don't even know any companies that are hirering Danish engineers at the moment.
If you was not from from EU, you better forget about it, you would need to get a work permssion, which can be very hard.
Even if you are from Denmark it's very hard to find a job as engineer at the moment.
More companies have been firering than hireing employees lately.
If I was not from Denmark I would look elsewhere for jobs.

orikfa said:
Does they offers temporary lodging for free or partially paid?
I don't think so, but they would probably help finding a place to live if they were hirering foreigners. But as long as there's many Danish unemployed engineers, I wouldn't get my hopes up as a foreigner.

orikfa said:
What type of job contract ( temporary or permanent ) is the most used in Denmark?
Permanent

orikfa said:
How are treated employees that wants to marry?
I don't understand your question.
Why should married employees be treated different than un-married employees?

orikfa said:
mange tak
Det var så lidt.

top salary europe

So ME,

Do you know what is the best EU country that is hiring foreign engineers ( from EU)?

About the marriage, in some countries the companies prefer to hire unmerried people because the greater taxes they have to pay to support the family of the married employee.

Thanks

highest salaries in the europa

orikfa said:
So ME,

Do you know what is the best EU country that is hiring foreign engineers ( from EU)?
I don't know.
I'm not sure if there are nay good countries right now?

orikfa said:
About the marriage, in some countries the companies prefer to hire unmerried people because the greater taxes they have to pay to support the family of the married employee.
I don't get it, does the company pay more to married employees in some contries or what do you mean?

Here there's no difference wheter you are married or not.

Besides that, it's illgal to ask about your marrial status and religion to job inteviews. They don't want that to affect who they are hirering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back