Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

salaries for embedded engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump!

How the things are going in Europe?
What do you consider the best country to work in Europe at the moment?

I working in Ireland at the moment.The salary is good and living cost is acceptable.

Correct me if I am wrong but I have seen North America the best for engineers' salaries followed by other EU countries like Germany, France and then UK,Spain etc.

I was surprised by some ppl.s comments on salaries in scotland. Do engineers get paid more there as compared to england?

Clearly, the amount of remuneration depends on your knowledge and experience, the more you know, the higher fee may apply.
I'd like to check on supplements that promise by the employer. Interested in the UK, Ireland, Spain, Scandinavia and Canada.
Thank you for your answers.

Here where i live (Sao Paulo/Brazil) starting for engineer is about 20.000USD - 30.000USD /Year. Taxes are about 35% and you get nothing back. You are not going to work with anything technical. If you dont have family is a good starting point. The only way to get higher salary is to go for sales or management. Food is very cheap here. The only problem are electronics devices. We have an incredible 88% total of taxes on any importation of eletronic devices.

Just a curious fact. I think thats the same on any part of the globe. Investments Banks really like hiring engineers here. Starting on trading desk of a investment bank as JP Morgan or Deutche bank would be 45.000 - 60.000 USD / Year + 50.000 (bonus). Just people that really like technical work, stays on engineering field.

speaking about Italy... i know an engineer who works in a an electronics company... he is paid 45Keuros/year...not bad...

---------- Post added at 22:06 ---------- Previous post was at 22:05 ----------

someone was posting about Denmark...of course compared to Italy, Denmark is more expensive...

I'm working in Estonia and earn about 800 euro per month ))))
Looking for better job in europe, but it is little bit difficult because nobody know were this country located )))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back