Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

salaries for embedded engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet1

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
salaries in europe

Hello

I want to get an idea of what salaries are like in Europe for an Analog IC/RFIC Design Engineer.
Let's say 5 years experience.

And in Euros.

Countries include those such as UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy.

Can someone give me a range in Euros ?

Hungary (and the rest of Eastern Europe - they seem to be the one hiring in Eastern Europe) are of most interest.

Just for comparison, what are the new grad salaries too ...

Sorry for all the questions, just need the info !

average salaries in europe

in Italy I know that in medium industries is about 1.200,00 euro, in litlle more

salary in europe

koky said:
in Italy I know that in medium industries is about 1.200,00 euro, in litlle more
I guess this is per week?
Is seems very little for a month.

salaries europe

ME said:
koky said:

I'm sorry to notify you that this is a tipical monthly salary in Italy. If you looking for a job in the electronic industry forget Italy. There is only STMicroelectronics and the salary is very low. In Italy there is at the moment a very big problem with the engineers .... they are paid very little and usually they are asked to do a job that has nothing to do with engineer but with low level technical job.

New graduate at the moment receive offer as stage (at 400-500 euro/months), or temporary contract (at 700-800 euro per months).
The situation was dramatic. A lot of new graduate and scientists emigrate every year.

Italy was a good place for your holidays. Now, I think that there i sother place to go in vacation. Italy has become also very expensive.

engineer salary europe

I see that in France salaries are around 25 K ~ 35 K Euros for a well trained engineer .. .Still very low when compared with US salaries .. I mean if you can find a job this days ! .What are the salaries en SPAIN ?

european salaries

econtrol said:
New graduate at the moment receive offer as stage (at 400-500 euro/months), or temporary contract (at 700-800 euro per months).
Really??? :?:
Thats about what a 15 year old paperboy can earn in Denmark.

In Denmark we get paid € 600 ($742.5) per month just to study :)

I wouldn't like to get paid less after graduating :?

highest salaries in europe

ME said:
econtrol said:
Really??? :?:
Thats about what a 15 year old paperboy can earn in Denmark.

In Denmark we get paid € 600 ($742.5) per month just to study :)

I wouldn't like to get paid less after graduating :?

I know it sounds no real, but unfortunatly it is. Tipically they say to you that you are not able to do nothing, and so you should be grateful for that wage. The reality is that they ask you to do a job that has no link with a engineer job.
I advise you to look at other place regarding job opportunities (as I do).

Bye

europe salaries

However that best place to work as electronic engineer in Europe is Ireland and UK. Germany and France are not so bad (you have to think that in Germany and in France healtcare was free and you don't need a private insurance). But If I could chose probably I would chose Ireland.

engineer salary in europe

How is salaries in Ireland compared to the Scandinavian countries?

salary europe

So I looked at a few job sites for recruiters in Europe, IC-Resources.co.uk being the most popular and I see that 25K - 30K Euros is a good starting range for salaries.

So I think I am going to target that range.

Any more help, let me know.

Eastern Europe however, interests me the most, I want to see how salaries track the UK, Ireland and France over there...

average salaries europe

I wonder what are the salaries for:

1. RTL engineer (my field)
2. Verification engineer (about to learn the use of OVL and learn PSL)
3. System-on-chip integration (AMBA, WishBone)
4. Assembler/compiler/simulator/debugger integration engineer for SoC

Personally, i have 6+ years in Verilog (introductory), 4 years in VHDL (advanced). I have good knowledge of some research compilers (SUIF/MachSUIF even though it is very tough), and use extensively GCC.
I am aware of architecture description languages which are likely to boost the next wave in heterogeneous SoCs. I use occasionally some alpha-level tools for 2 ADLs plus soon i will do a lot of devel. on another one (that one is proprietary).

I have also worked for a domestic, and one EE project. Formally, I have 3 years experience.

What are my chances to get above 1,500 EU mark? Especially in Belgium, Germany, Sweden.

Thanks in advance

the_penetrator

imec salary

the_penetrator said:
What are my chances to get above 1,500 EU mark? Especially in Belgium, Germany, Sweden.
I guess you mean € 1,500 per week and not € 1,500 per month?

I don't know what an RTL engineer is, but you can easily earn more than € 1,500 per month without any education at all in these countries just working as a factory worker, taxidriver, working in a supermarket or pizzaria or something like that.
I'm not completely sure about the salaries in Belgium, but I know the salaries in Sweden are almost the same as in Denmark. The salaries in Germany are also very close to th Danish and Swedish salaries.

salaries in eu

I just checked the salary statistics for Danish electronics engineers working in private owned companies year 2003.

The avarage salary for an electronics engineer with a master degree was € 3,919 ($4,863) per month.

The avarage salary for an electronics engineer with a bachelor degree was € 3,737 ($ 4,637) per month.

engineering salaries in europe

the_penetrator

In the UK you should be looking at £25K+ (possibly to £30K).

highest salaries europe

Beetroots said:
the_penetrator

In the UK you should be looking at £25K+ (possibly to £30K).

£25K per year is the same as €3,000 per month. Close to the Danish salaries.

danish salaries

In Romania:

A beginer has maximum 300US $/month in the hand (add 200$ for taxes wich company must pay to the state)

An expert has maximum 500-600US $/month in the hand

engineering salaries europe

In france:

Is 2900/month as said in previous post. However unemployment in engeenering is very high in France and unemployment generally. Therefore the dificulty will be to get employed.
And Frenchs do not speek english very well.
For a job in France: THALES RAYTHEON SYSTEMS employs people from United States and UK.
If you try spain the best way is to start your company instead of being employed. Salaries are 2000€/month in Spain.
Go in UK unless you want to write a book on your job experience in Europe :)

average salary in europe

crapulas said:
If you try spain the best way is to start your company instead of being employed.

I am curious, what are your arguments for this?

/pisoiu

highest salary in europe

ME said:
koky said:

LOL. Seems that you (ME) have an easy living in the USA :)
AFAIK, all the salaries in Europe are per MONTH.

At the moment experienced programmer can earn up to maximum 1000 EUR in Croatia. Unemployment is about 30%-40% and is very hard to find a new job, finding a _good_ new job is 'mission impossible'.

My very first salary at June 1992 (as embedded C programmer for 8051) was cca 150 EUR (per month).

Tom

programmer salary europe

tom324 said:
ME said:
koky said:

LOL. Seems that you (ME) have an easy living in the USA :)
AFAIK, all the salaries in Europe are per MONTH.
No, I live in Denmark, Europe as you can see from my previous posts.
As I said, in Denmark we get paid 600 euros per month just to study.
In USA I would actually have to pay to study, but here I get paid 600 euros per month to study.
I doesn't matter if you study engineering or to be a nurse or teacher or whatever, everyone gets paid € 600 per month from the state when they study.

There is no such thing as scolarships here because it's free to study and you get €600 to cover your living expenes while you are studying.
I know this is not common in most countries, as we (and the rest of Sacnadinavia) has one of the highest living standards in the world.
(and highest taxes too :( ) the money have to come from somewhere).

If you are un-employed and don't have any un-employmet security, you get paid € 1130 per month from the state and € 1502 if you have any children to provide.
If you have un-employment security you get more.
There is no really poor people in Denmark at all.

I know the salaries are much much lower in Eastern Europe, but I was very surprised that the salaries are so poor in Italy which is a part of Western Europe.

As you can see, I Denmark you get paid just as much without a job and without any un-employment security, as you get paid as an working engineer in Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back