Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 3 phase supply detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

milind.a.kulkarni

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all ,

I want to detect the all the phases are present in 3 phase supply or not using PIC micro-controller.....

I will be very happy any information on this project......did any body tried this project....

Thanking you in advance....

milind

I remember many threads related to this topic. The "similar threads" link below should give a first idea.

Hi FvM,

I don't found any link in your post.....Also I had did some search on forum but could not found any thing useful in that for the point that I am looking for.....Can you please share the link that you are intended to be.....

Thanking you and waiting for your reply

milind

I don't found any link in your post
I was referring to "Similar Threads" on the bottom of the page. E.g. the first thread "how to detect phase unbalance" is discussing different options for 3-phase supply monitoring. And there are surely more, because this is a serial topic at edaboard.

In my view, it's necessary to clarify the specification in a first step. If presence of a true three-phase voltage system is required, you need to measure the interphase voltage. Having all three interphase voltage magnitudes around the nominal value also verifies, that they have 120° phase shift. Voltage to neutral check may or may not be required, also phase sequence (rotation direction) test.

Status
Not open for further replies.