Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] GSM modem giving echo after echo off command

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponnus

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai friends,
I am working on a GSM modem, which is SIM 300 command supported.
Everything was working fine, like I can send SMS, send data through gprs, etc.
At first, when I turn the modem to ON position, I am cancelling the echo from the command using ATE0.
But sometimes, after handling with gprs commands, my modem responds with the echo characters also.
This occurs, often when the modem gives a +PDP DEACT response. Unfortunately, I am not saving the current configuration of modem. My doubt is that, will the modem configuration changes without restarting the modem?

Also, usually the modem give responses as soon as it gets the command. But what is the maximum delay that the modem takes for a response?
Please help me.....

FOr the first time you have to disable echo command by ATE0 and than write AT&W command, it will write ATE0 permanantly to EEPROM of SIM300, after this you will not need to re-disable your echo command.

Hai masterleous,
Thank You for your response. But, I have a doubt about this? If I use AT&W command after a series of AT commands, will all these settings be saved to the non-volatile memory? Or only the setting that is sent just before the AT&W command be saved?

Thank You

Hai masterleous,
Thank You for your response. But, I have a doubt about this? If I use AT&W command after a series of AT commands, will all these settings be saved to the non-volatile memory? Or only the setting that is sent just before the AT&W command be saved?

Thank You

you have to check sim manual. At&w support so many command storage. If you want to save only few commands. Than you have to start your sim with a power key and enable and disable your reqired command than set at&w. Only your set commands will be save. Rest will remain on default stage

Reactions: ponnus

ponnus

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
But what is the maximum delay that the modem takes for a response?

For sending commands the standard is 100ms, that is, waiting 100ms after a modem response.
For receiving command... that depends on the command itself. For example an "ATA" command for answering a data mode call can take several seconds before answering "CONNECT".

Status
Not open for further replies.