Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Help in reset the controller ATmega32

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahbaz.ele

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all I want to reset my controller in software.
because of some problems in my circuit.
how to do it.
I am using Winavr software
ATmega32 controller

have the watchdog turned off, when you want to do a reset turn on the watchdog and let it reset the microcontroller.

It doesn't matter if you are already using it in your project or not, use it just for resets, I don't understand the problem.

The other solution would be an external circuit triggered by the mcu in order to reset it using the reset pin.

I want to restart my program once intrrupt is generated and executed. then the program should start from start of main.

A reset and the start of main are different things, if you just want to jump to the start of main then you can use goto to jump in a label positioned in the start of main but this will not reset the mcu.

I want to restart my program once intrrupt is generated and executed. then the program should start from start of main.

Note that you shouldn't use goto inside the interrupt, instead you should just set a flag variable and then detect the value it has in the while loop (inside main) and jump to the position you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.