Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence ADE Simulating .spi of Standard Lib using Spectre

Status
Not open for further replies.

tstoll

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi -

I have a PDK in which I have all standard cells (inverters, nands,etc.) defned in one common .spi file.
I have standardlib symbols and used them within my analogic schematic for simulation.

I defined on the toplevel global vdd!, gnd!, and also used CDF (VDD netSet vdd!, and VSS netSet gnd!) to be sure that the instantiated inverter has its correct supply and ground voltage.

The .spi standard Lib file I included via the Simulation Files Setup menue (Stimulus File).

It is netlisting and simulating.. but the inverter is not inverting.. the output follows exactly the input.

Any hint on that?

I do not know if that has something to do with it, but at the beginning, I see in the simulation log file following message:

" Unable to compile ahdlcmi library, see input.ahdlSimDB..
" Could not open ahdlcmi module library input.ahdlSimDB.."

I appreciate every comment !!

Cheers,
tOM

As your ahdlcmi lib. hasn't been compiled, you have no simulation models for your std. lib gates.

Reactions: Yizhe

Yizhe

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back