Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please Help . No POST in MSI Desktop Motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamkamalrandhawa

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an MSI MS-7142 AMD motherboard. There is no POST code. Debugg Card only showing me oo code. I have check reset is ok, no Pulsing in frame but frame is in constant high state. all voltages to North Bridge and South Bridge and ROM ic is ok. But there is no post code. Please help me.

Thanks.

Hi!

Are you certain your processor is a good one? I've seen this before with a faulty AMD Sempron processor - depending on the motherboard's design - you might get fan operation but precious little else if the CPU is dud!

Otherwise you'd be better off simply looking for another one similar to it in the computer fair or fleabay!

Chris Williams

Hi, Chris
i have change the different cpu but there is no change and if my cpu is faulty then RESET should not be working and also i have check cpu core voltage is ok (1.6v). Then i think there is no fault in cpu section. Thanks for reply.

No reply. I think there is no one have solution for this problem.

Hi!

There's one other possibility I might mention - sometimes a corrupted or failed BIOS update can cause a motherboard to be apparently dead with a halt at or during the initial POST sequence - have you tried using the m/b in an ordinary pc setup with a floppy drive and using a BIOS recovery disk? If you have and still can't get any response I'd honestly bin it or use it as an exercise in reverse-engineering and get another one the same off fleabay!!!

With the greatest of respect, I can't see why, other than a purely educational exercise, members on here attempt to try and fix pc-type motherboards as they're so plentiful and (relatively!) cheap! It's only worth doing if it's custom-made for a special piece of industrial gear and nothing else will do!

Chris Williams

Ok Thanks Mr. Chris Williams For your reply. and i also have change the ROM IC from similar Good motherboard but problem remains.
Hi!

There's one other possibility I might mention - sometimes a corrupted or failed BIOS update can cause a motherboard to be apparently dead with a halt at or during the initial POST sequence - have you tried using the m/b in an ordinary pc setup with a floppy drive and using a BIOS recovery disk? If you have and still can't get any response I'd honestly bin it or use it as an exercise in reverse-engineering and get another one the same off fleabay!!!

With the greatest of respect, I can't see why, other than a purely educational exercise, members on here attempt to try and fix pc-type motherboards as they're so plentiful and (relatively!) cheap! It's only worth doing if it's custom-made for a special piece of industrial gear and nothing else will do!

Chris Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back