Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

want to change my job profile from FAE

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishekg

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am b.tech with ECE branch in 2009.Done job in a plant maintenance in instrumentation depart from aug 2009 to aug 2011.i wanted to cum back in electronics.so i did industrial training in "embedded system and design with robotics" for three months from a private training institute.Then i joined a electronics company in R&D depart as a application engineer.But i think it is not pure R&D becoz company is a distributor of electronic componants. and my profile is similer to technical sales.i hv to go to customers for giving technical support to sales depart.and sir i m not interested in field job.

i want to know what is the growth in this field.

is there any sitting job after some time in the same field?

what would be the frequency of travel in this field?

can i change my field to pure R&D after the experience of 6 months or 1year on experience basis?

can you please tell me about other job profiles in the field of electronics.

thank you sir...............

It is only in the academics that you will be able to do pure R&D for 100% of the time. Most commercial ventures will do R&D for a limited time and then move into a maintenance phase (for as long a time as the product/service is commercialy competitive) Commercial engineering is about making money.

Status
Not open for further replies.