Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

short courses in electronics ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaz396

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

I am a bigginer in the electronics field , and I want to take some short courses that could help me and give me good start .
Would you please recomend me good institute that provide such courses ? If its in Europe it would be better !

thanx,

jaz

Where in Europe?
Which country?

IMEC (the best in the world)
hxxp://www.imec.be but it's kind of professional :s

Hello ,
It doesn't matter any country in Europe but I prefer Switzerland , Germany or Holland .
mobile-it , I searched the IMEC web page , it looks , as you said , professional alittle bit ! but anyway thanx for your help . In fact I am looking for elemintary practical course in electronics design .
Thnx.,
Jaz

Why guys you do not like anymore USA universities?

Heh, for some you are right! But others are locomotives of the world in technology.

For europian universities I like the French ones. Guys give me a break! France gave in Middle Ages people like Laplace & Fourier from Ecole Polytechnique. Two very extremely important names in engineering.

You can go in Finland, they people created Nokia, cellular phones etc.

Anyway! It is you who study. Good luck and best wishes in Electrical Engineering Degree.

Keep in mind after teachers engineers are the second people who really work to make a better world. At least they try to make life easier.

Technology must work to make life easier. Sometimes people think engineers are the bad people. No are the politicians!

If you want to get a head start, I suggest to people to first read an amateur radio handbook such as the ARRL and the RSGB ones. This will give you a broad if shallow understanding. Then the new knowledge you get from other sources will be easier to learn and remember because it relates to the things you already know from the hobby book learning.

The best book available for basic electronics is "micloelectronic circuits" by Sedra/Smith.... or electronic devices by Boylested/Nashlesky.Both the books pores on basics with lucid expressions.

Hope i have helped!

Hi ,

Thank you guys for your advice . However , I am not looking for a degree in electronics , I only want a 5-10 days of practical course (workshop) . Regarding the Sedra\Smith book , I have its 4th edition and it is very good , but I think am looking for somthing real !

thanx,

jaz396 said:
Hi ,

Thank you guys for your advice . However , I am not looking for a degree in electronics , I only want a 5-10 days of practical course (workshop) . Regarding the Sedra\Smith book , I have its 4th edition and it is very good , but I think am looking for somthing real !

thanx,

try to make some projects at home... that's how we learned it all

first step is to just try and look for different courses and programs.....
Because some courses require good mathematics so u should keep these pre requistes in mind before starting any course....

Just start with simple courses and look at universities programs which offer these type of courses.......

One thing is for sure that......u should have good mathematics for majority of electronics courses ....ok

You can download SwCAD111 and Bode CAD. With this you can design and learn about electronic circuits.Express SCH is another sight you can look at.

8O

**broken link removed**

Survey this site ....................... U will get all stuffs from elementary level to advance level.

Rest is depend upon ur interest!

Take care......

jaz396

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hello ,

I am really greatful for those who gave their opinions .
I looked at all those sites given and I found some of them very useful .
I have three more questions : what is the shortest way to be a good electronics designer ? is their certain tools needed to achieve that ?
Is it good practise to start with learning FPGAs and microcontrollers ?

Well, there is no shortcut to success(if ur success point is to be good Electronic Designer). Anyhow for good designer u must be good in theoritical electronic stuffs because basic concepts play a dominant role in desiging any circuit. Moreover there are different simulation softwares that are really cool..........................and can help a lot to make crystal clear ur concepts........

Portel, ORCAD, Circuitmaker, MultiSim, etc etc.......

I guess uController and FPGA are bit highlevel if u r in the beginner stage of Electronics world. Thereore first concentrate on basic electronic design and then approach to some high level topics and designs...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back