Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LC summing or summing amplifier for ldo PSRR

Status
Not open for further replies.

alimjoco

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Which one is most suitable for PSRR measurement for LDO(300mA load) specially mixing modulating ac in dc, a LC summing which can drive current up to 500mA(bias tee) or a summing amplifier? And why?

Hi for the testing of evaluation chip, their are various methods. I find LC one a very good and most of the time practical one as you can connect them easily.
But we have literature on this. **broken link removed**
It says summing amplifier gives best result.
Its up to the engineer, how to produce the correct results.

what is the effect for those two methods?

Effect? I did not understand that point, but one advantage of summing amplifier is that it works for very broad range of bandwidth, while LC summing method is limited from few kHz to less than 500kHz.

I think there are some bias tee which can abe accurate and have a flat response until giga hertz, like picosecond 5547a bias tee. This can also drive until 500mA current. I just want to argue that how does the summing amplifier is more accurate than a bias tee...

Alimjoco, I am not familiar with "picosecond 5547a bias tee", but if you see the purpose of summing amplifier, you can notice the advantage.
If you use signal directly to "DUT", there are chances of source loading and gain/ offset error. Summing amplifier acts as a very high input resistance solves these problems and reduces any offset involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.