Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

subthreshold mosfet as 1M ohm resistance connected to mosfet gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ali kotb

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need to design subthreshold mosfet as 1M ohm resistance connected to other mosfet gate
here is the ct attached
M7, M9 should be in subthreshold , but i dont know how to design it
can any one help

M7, M9 should be in subthreshold , but i dont know how to design it

In order to work those transistors in weak inversion (subthreshold) region you should ensure that VGS<Vth.From your simulation results it is in effect that VGS= some nVolts < Vth=560.677mV,thus they are indeed in WI region!

i need to design subthreshold mosfet as 1M ohm resistance

If i understand correctly your problem is that you can't achieve 1MΩ rout (or 1uS gds) for them in parallel with their WI operation.Right?
In this case you must ensure that VDS>Vdsat to work in saturation (there you have much better rout!),since in your case as i see VDS<Vdsat and the transistors act like switches (triode region).Consequently,change the DC voltage
at the properties of the sinus input sources and choose a value such that VDS>Vdsat.

the values on my figure aren't correct
the gate of M7, M9 is floating :) it was just the values from previous simulations.

it is not about rout .
it is about a phase shift. i need m7, m9 to act as resistance of average value 1Mohm. (in sat i think we can't get this value from a single transistor)
i need a sharp phase shift that the phase =180 for 40MHz and zer0 phase for 120MHz , this can be achieved with the help of caps (but i need Resistance (large values actually))

it may never work in sat because it is connected to the gate of other mosfet that the DC volts should be equal on drain and source of M7, M9. (vds alomst zero)
i just bothered of how to connect the gates(M7,M9) to ensure a subthreshold working , i think i need other mosfets (diode connected for example to reach the goal ) but i dont know how to connect them together
thnx for ur help

...i need m7, m9 to act as resistance of average value 1Mohm. (in sat i think we can't get this value from a single transistor)...

Then you must operate the transistors in triode region!But i doubt if you can get such a big value of ron when the switch is closed...

i just bothered of how to connect the gates(M7,M9) to ensure a subthreshold working

The gates of M7,M9 should be connected to potential such that VGS<Vth.Connect an ideal Vdc there for example with a dc potential according to VGS<Vth and see what's going on.In your final design you will
substitute of course those ideal sources with a real implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.