Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with PADS 9.0 on Windows7

Status
Not open for further replies.

barry

Advanced Member level 7
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I've just installed PADS 9.0.2 on a new machine running Windows 7. I'm running it in XP-compatibility mode, but it's still acting a little funny. On startup, it doesn't always show the "Welcome to PADS Layout" frame on the right, where you can load a previous project. Sometimes it does; sometimes it shows half (really) of that frame. If I select File/Open, it just goes to an empty layout screen (as if you were starting a new board with nothing yet added) and it just hangs; have to kill it with the Task Manager. If I select one of the previous projects and THEN do File/Open, everything works fine.

Any ideas?

I'm no longer under maintenance, so getting help from Mentor is not going to happen. Is this just hopelessly Win 7 incompatible?

Thanks,
Barry

Re: PADS 9.0 on Windows7

Barry, I am using PADS9.3.1 on windows 7. it works very well. I prefer you update PADS ver to 9.3.1
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back