Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which OS is most popular in embedded applications like PDAs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

szpeatech

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
which OS suits best

Dear all,

I am reading some technical information on Video-phones and PDAs. There are a lot of Operating Systems that are designed for embedded applications. I wonder which OS are most frequently used for such applicaitons. Thanks.

Tony :roll:

Re: which OS suits best

WinCE is good for multimedia applications.

thanks. how about nucleus?

which OS suits best

For user friendly, wince is recommended. For cost saving purpose, embedded linux is recommended.

WinCE and Symbian are most frequently used on handheld devices. I learnt that on most of the Nokia mobile phones, Symbian runs, i m not very sure on this though.

which OS suits best

WinCE is the most friendly development IDE because it 's enviroment is much like VC.
Symbian is a little difficult only you must find the SDK and IDE, and most of them is much expensive.
Nucleus' performance is very well and if you get you get the source also. This is very important.

I recommand WinCE!

which OS suits best

If you got any problem on WinCE, it is hard to get any support from Microsoft. Especialy, when you development the driver under WinCE.

For handheld device winCE , symbian are most frequently used. QNX is also used for multimedia, speech processing applications.
I think from cost point of view Embedded linux is good one.

which OS suits best

I think that WinCE is right choice.

which OS suits best

I think It is decided by your purpose & applied environment. the flexible of OS is very important, so you can add or cut off some functions.

I will always prefer for open source so that u can get more exposer to the api..or u can add urs ...

WinCE is user friendly, good for Multimedia and the most commonly used so go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back