+ Post New Thread
    Advanced Member level 3

Helped
    17 / 17
    Level

Formula for feedback loop (power stage & modulator) of full bridge with LC filter

Referring to Basso book page 227 , equation 2A-7, if after my upper divider resistor I have an LC filter and then the load resistor, do I need to put the load “R” parameter in as a complex parameter incorporating the output LC filter too

•   AltAdvertisement

Advanced Member level 5
    Achievements:
    7 years registered

Helped
    1203 / 1203
    Level

Re: Formula for feedback loop (power stage & modulator) of full bridge with LC filter

Yes, especially if the filter has a resonant frequency that isn't far above your intended crossover frequency.

•   AltAdvertisement

Advanced Member level 3

Helped
    17 / 17
    Level

Re: Formula for feedback loop (power stage & modulator) of full bridge with LC filter

But Basso doesnt say to do this, so why do you speak of doing this?

Basso on p.685 just says we must arrange smps crossover to be at least three times less then the output LC filter resonance frequency.

•   AltAdvertisement

Advanced Member level 5
    Achievements:
    7 years registered

Helped
    1203 / 1203
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by grizedale View Post
    But Basso doesnt say to do this, so why do you speak of doing this?

Basso on p.685 just says we must arrange smps crossover to be at least three times less then the output LC filter resonance frequency.
    If the LC resonance is three times the crossover, then, as I said, it's not too bad. But it may still be relevant to the transfer function below the crossover frequency, depending on the relative capacitances of the output filters. Hard to say without actual values and a schematic.

--[[ ]]--