Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TL431/Opto feedback loop for full bridge smps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizedale

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I wish to make out a feedback loop for a CCM current mode full bridge 250W.

It has TL431 /opto feedback but not with the fast lane.

Basically the TL431 has been set up like a type 3 opamp.

then thers the opto with secondary side led resistor and a pullup resistor on the primary side, in the standard way

controller is uc38025.

I notE Basso doesnt refer specifically to this type of occasion and i wondered for pointers about the error amp transfer function?

Is the DC gain = [ R(pullup)/ R(led) ] * CTR.

i take it i will have to accounf for the optocoupler pole , and i suppose i have to just add in the -20dB/decade starting from the pole frequency on the error amp bode plot?

Also, their is a current sense transformer, but i suppose since i know that current sense limit is 1V, i just have to use the equivalent resistor, which used instead of the current sense trafo setup, would give the same behaviour as the current sense trafo.

Status
Not open for further replies.