Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to identify 8 bit 10 bit,16bit micro controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suvaraj

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pls explain me how to identify 8bit,16bit,32bit microcontroller?

thanks in advance.

The number of bits refers to the width of the micros internal data bus and register sizes.

You have to know the part number and you can use Google to search up the datasheet of that part. The datasheet will describe if it is 8-bit or 16-bit, etc.

Common 8-bit series microcontrollers: PIC 10, PIC 12, PIC 16, PIC 18, ATTINY, ATMEGA, 89C51, etc
Common 16-bit series microcontrollers: PIC 24, dsPIC 30, dsPIC 33, MSP 430, etc
32-bit series microcontrollers: ARM, PIC32, AVR32, etc

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

how to identify ?tell me clearly pls

I've said it above. Without knowing the part number or family, I don't know how you can identify it. If you know the part number or the family it belongs to, then you can find out by checking in a reference document such as the datasheet, which can be found easily (as I've stated above) through Google.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

but hw to identify mannually without reading data sheet?pls help me

You have to have the part number in your head and know it before hand. That's the only way.

Beside that, if you have a microcontroller soldered on a board and you want to know, it would be next to impossible.
You could follow some guides.

If it has PIC10... / PIC12... / PIC16... / PIC18... / ATMEGA... / ATTINY... / 89C... / 89S... marked on it, it is an 8-bit microcontroller.
If it has PIC24... / dsPIC30... / dsPIC33... / MSP430... marked on it, it is a 16-bit microcontroller.
If it has PIC32... / AVR32... / ARM marked on it, it is most probably a 32-bit microcontroller.

You can see the marking and find out by referring to the family it belongs to, as mentioned above.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back