Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacity of single user fading channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

07/30gc119

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to obtain data for capacity of a single user fading channel?

what do you mean?

I think he needs the equation like C = w log (1+ SNR)

probability of bit erroe

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

probability of bit error

I have similar question.
How to simulate capacity of Channel?
Using Shannon's limit, I have obtained the capacity. I plotted Capacity v/s SNR.
But my question is how to simulate? I want to simulate/show that above the maximum data rate, there is loss/error.
I want to simulate the way simulate BER.

I request you to give your opinions about it.

First of all find out what is the capacity of a fading channel, the shannon capacity is applicable for AWGN

Tabraiz,
Thanks for the reply.
I have figured out the capacity of fading channel mathematically. Refer Wikipedia for that purpose. You just need channel gain in Shannon's equation.

Tell me how to simulate Capacity for AWGN case?

Which parameters do u need on x and y

Consider I have one transmitter and one receiver. The transmitter is starting with data rate of Z bits/sec. Now how do you simulate the maximum data rate allowed for the given channel (lets say the channel is AWGN). How do you say with Z bits/sec is well below capacity without using Shannon's theorem? How do you prove the mathematics what you got /derived is right? I know that I have to start from Mutual Information but how to do I don't know.

---------- Post added at 20:07 ---------- Previous post was at 20:07 ----------

Which parameters do u need on x and y

I don't need X and Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back