Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

monte carlo simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpkp

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, I want to know something about monte carlo simulation for analog circuits...can anybody help me in findng proper material?
thnx in advance....

Most simulator do have a Monte Carlo option and what they basically do is to run a simulation (dc, transient, ac, etc) a number of times to give you a set of values or family of waveforms. Each time a simulation is run, a new set of component values are selected and the simulation is run. The selection of component values depends on what type of distribution you assign to that value. For example, you can choose the resistance of a resistance to have uniform distribution -- distributed equally from 8-12k where 10k is the nominal value. Or you could have a normal (Gaussian) distribution ....

Reactions: kpkp

kpkp

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks a lot for your reply...

Hi,
I have some pictures which learn how to use Monte carlo in "PSPICE".
If U want them , tell me.

Thanks moottii but i'm working in cadence (spectre simulator)

Status
Not open for further replies.