Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of a 10kW Inverter for a fuel cell

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a high power inverter project on the internet. The author described how it almost set his home on fire!

Orson Cart, can i start it with 5*745 watt inverter ? why not you be my senior ?:razz:

---------- Post added at 16:29 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

okay let me make it this way, instead setting my house on fire, could you guys guide me how i can run 5hp 3phase motor from 200ah 48V battery bank?
initially i was thinking after 3 months or so, i can charge this 48v battery bank through solar pv panels.

if you're serious about this project i will be your guide then just get started and you will attract talented people willing to donate their time to give you good feedback.
start with defining your inputs/outputs voltage levels necessary functions etc.
then experiment with topology using matlab/simulink. then move to PSpice for detail design.
i suspect this process will take 3 months if you are dedicated. first prototype will be about $200 in parts & PCB fab.

i have some interest myself. i would like to design a motor drive for a golf cart that can spin the kick up some dust :)

Mr.Cool

Mr son-in-law who is an EE Prof at U of T has the IP for a design of a 10KW inverter with 98% effic, but those damn fast recovery diodes are darn expensive. I believe it is patent pending.

98% is not easy to achieve at 10kw. i was able to do it at 50kw, but only with silicon carbide material inside custom built IGBT, 20kHz switching. expensive... but possible. that was 3 years ago. at 40kHz it was also possible (silicon carbide = fast diode recovery with no loss), but efficiency dropped a bit due to IGBT losses, though the weight/volume of inverter system dropped substantially :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back