Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there any hbridge available for Ac motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aameer

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends,
i want to rotate AC motor in both direction from micro controller.
Motor Specifications:1/4 HP, torque 65kg, 2A, 1440 RPM

i am planning to use 4 relays (12v -230vac) and from their to AC contactors..
But it is expensive and bulk 1.

So can anybody give me any idea or circuit or ic to rotate this motor in both direction

Thanks In Advance..

You can control a DC Motor to rotate in both directions with H Bridge and not AC Motor

Try a different method

Ya i know ..please suggest some method Mr. nandhu

Aameer, there are many types of AC motor, therefore many answers

Exactly what type of AC motor do you have? Single phase, three phase, split phase, capacitor start, permanent split capacitor, universal, ...

Its a single phase AC motor with capacitor attached to it to start up it seems.
it working fine when i change the polarities in both dirction but with microcntroller interfacing i m in confusion. whetehr i will go for 4 relays /what

Are you saying that the motor reverses direction if you reverse the power connections manually?

yes...when i connect the phase and neutral wires in reverse it is rotating reverse.so how to control with microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.