Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone know about Audio Mixing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjadkhan

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dose anyone here knows about audio mixing?

Well my question is simple. I have two separate sounds but i want to listen them on single headset. So i need to Mix those sound. So do i need to sum those? Other way of asking that is if you play two music files at the same time then are they being summed or something else is happening? If they are being summed then i surely can Add then using summing amplifier.

Thanks for the reply Syncopator. Well i don't need amplification, just summing. But i do wana know any better amplifier than LM386. I want to drive my Headset and its resistance is 40 Ohms. obviously there would be inductance at higher frequencies, so can you recommend a better solution?

---------- Post added at 11:27 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

I want to built a small circuit that will be connected infront of my laptop audio jacks. so no heatsinks.small size does matter.

If the signal sources are high enough, the simplest way is to use only resistors.

simplestmixer.gif

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.